Drewe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drewe

So, we do have some good youngsters to pick up from after all! It seems that most Managers we had were always afraid to give the youngsters a chance. It's unfair as Drewe was certainly motm against Watford. I watched highlights of the B team and must say that there are some promising players there. Give them a chance ... will cost much less then we're paying now!

I thought in a very important game in front of a near full house he was superb, senior players were constantly talking to him and he got more confidence as game went on, obviously run out of steam but can be proud of his performance.

Comment

Excellent home debut from the young lad

Comment

Great to hear.

Someone mentioned Liard has been avoiding 50/50s so lets keep with Drewe and keep Liard as deputy. If not playing Liard when fit will cost us penalty payments then perhaps play him. But Drewe seems to have done enough already to be in our squad next seaaon - dont loan him out ffs.

Comment

I thought he was motm Tim also had a decent game as did all of them and Dieng had nothing to do.

On Drewe though hes our own player committed in the tackle and somefimes loans you never know how committed they are. Lowes done well Tim under GA seems his old self you get the feeling GA will be a bit more astute come loan's I think he'll look at temperament as much as ability

Great to see kids cone through and sinclair a bit of luck away from opening his goals account

Comment

Some on here wanted Tim dropped, great to hear Drewe was motm. We have some very good young players but leadership is clearly where we're lacking. Let's not drop our promising youngsters because we need those type of players that aren't scared to express themselves. Tim is a hell of a player and I know some don't realise that because they don't understand football but he is a crucial player to us and I really hope we can make his move a permanent one. Listening to Gareth he's a real footballing man talking with passion and a wise head. I always felt critchley was in the wrong industry. Anyway well done rangers huge result yesterday and just what we all needed.
            Last edited by WeAreQPR12; 12-03-2023, 09:42 AM.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Mick Beale put Aaron Drewe into first team squad early in season. He said not ready for first team yet but will be. What's benefitted Drewe in my opinion, training with first team. The only chance young players get to impress manager, training with first team. They have to seize it. Young players get better playing 1st team games on loan or training with first team. You don't improve playing B team games.

Drewe played well, nervous start but grew into game. Good solid performance. Hope he keeps it up. Agree, no point playing Laird when we can develop own players.

However, 22 years old, Kakay under contract for next season. Will it benefit Drewe to understudy Kakay, who's always fit. Keeping Kakay and Drewe next season blocks potential progress for Jude-Boyd. Difficult balance having squad depth whilst having opportunities for young players to develop.

I'm unsure about extending contract, not based on ability, opportunities to play probably restricted.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
                Mick Beale put Aaron Drewe into first team squad early in season. He said not ready for first team yet but will be. What's benefitted Drewe in my opinion, training with first team. The only chance young players get to impress manager, training with first team. They have to seize it. Young players get better playing 1st team games on loan or training with first team. You don't improve playing B team games.

Drewe played well, nervous start but grew into game. Good solid performance. Hope he keeps it up. Agree, no point playing Laird when we can develop own players.

However, 22 years old, Kakay under contract for next season. Will it benefit Drewe to understudy Kakay, who's always fit. Keeping Kakay and Drewe next season blocks potential progress for Jude-Boyd. Difficult balance having squad depth whilst having opportunities for young players to develop.

I'm unsure about extending contract, not based on ability, opportunities to play probably restricted.
                Id be inclined to keep Kakay as a RWB/Winger he aint to bad at crossing no better or worse than others out wide he's done everything asked of him RB/RWB/LB/LWB rather he was at the club than another Roberts.

can see Drewe as RWB/RB next season from what ive seen. These kids need encouragement and i thought Martin did a great job until Stef came on as captain more vocal than field as well

Comment

I was crying out for Critchley to give a younger player a chance, especially when the first team were playing so poorly. So well done to GA for having faith in his younger players, and well done to Drew for making the step up.
                  I would definitely keep Kakay for next season, I think there is still more to come from him, and he has the pace we lack in other areas.

Comment

I didn't get to see this game, but I'm really happy reading the feedback of our new youngster. Fingers crossed for him.

Comment

He seems to be an Intelligent and very vocal player and I actually thought his first match for us was promising also.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Working...
                      X