Tyler Roberts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

I've heard mention of this obligation to buy clause, is it an obligation or an option? We clearly don't rate him as he's rarely been in the starting 11.
    Roberts is option to buy.

Richards, option but some claim we're committed to buying. I'm not convinced we have to buy. I think option with compulsory purchase if certain targets met. For example, Richards starts 20 matches or plays x minutes in x games. Purchase conditions might be reason he's not starting games.

Comment

I think the reason that Richards isn't starting games is probably to stop us having to buy him at the end of the season. It makes no sense otherwise. If he's fit to be a sub then he's fit to start. Only reason he isnt must be for us not to have sign him permanently after he starts a certain number of games.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

Roberts is option to buy.

Richards, option but some claim we're committed to buying. I'm not convinced we have to buy. I think option with compulsory purchase if certain targets met. For example, Richards starts 20 matches or plays x minutes in x games. Purchase conditions might be reason he's not starting games.
        If we don't have an obligation to buy Richards then why the hell did'nt we send him back to Brighton in January and get a centre forward on loan , just does'nt make sense.
        Even if Richards is decent (can't tell as he has hardly played ) it's not worth signing him as his injury record is atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post

If we don't have an obligation to buy Richards then why the hell did'nt we send him back to Brighton in January and get a centre forward on loan , just does'nt make sense.
          Even if Richards is decent (can't tell as he has hardly played ) it's not worth signing him as his injury record is atrocious.
          Agree about sending Richards back. My guess, option to buy came with "no return in January" clause.

Both players been waste of time.

Comment

Absolutely agree 100% with all comments on Richards and Roberts, both a complete waste of time, money and loans we could have definitely used better! I don’t care how good they can or could be, their injury record (if that is the case for Richards? We know for sure it is with Roberts!) is simply unacceptable as is their horrible, unprofessional attitude! I wouldn’t want either of the gutless tw@ts with me in the trenches!

Comment

Tyler Roberts has returned to Leeds.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                Tyler Roberts has returned to Leeds.
                Some good news at last.

Amazingly not sent back by us, but Leeds wanting to assess the extent of his injury. So he may yet come back.
                We need to take on extra security to prevent him re-entering our stadium.

Comment

Leeds United man returns early from Championship loan after 'frustrating and upsetting' development
                  Headline from the Yorkshire Evening Post.

Leeds United forward Tyler Roberts is currently back in West Yorkshire after sustaining an injury whilst on loan at Queens Park Rangers

“frustrating and upsetting. “ you could say that or you could say he has a case of lazyarseitis. Be interesting to see how this pans out.
                  I would have thought the upsetting bit for him was GA telling him in no uncertain terms to get back up the M1 and do not look behind you.
                  Need to get rid of the dead wood before the rebuild can begin in earnest, hopefully this will make others think hard about whether they have the fight in them or not, otherwise the decision will be taken for you.

Comment

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....opment-4057242

Comment

We should have steered well lear of Roberts , when Leeds were in the championship , he only started if players were injured , when he did start , he nearly always gave the ball away , poor player. Last season he had a bad hamstring injury and we already had Chair and Willock to play in that position.
                      Same with Taylor Richards , he was injured a lot last season while at Birmingham and he's been injured nearly all season here. Like Roberts , we already had Chair and Willock to play in that position so why sign him .
                      The person that sanctioned these signings should be sacked for complete incompetence , especially to have an agreement to sign Richards permanantly at the end of the season.
                      It cuts both ways though....... from Leeds' perspective he's come to us to play regular football and rediscover his mojo. Obviously that's massively failed and the danger is other clubs look at us and avoid loaning us any players cos we have a reputation for ruining their players, not developing them.

I'd also say it'd be pretty futile trying to play "hard ball" and insert various performance or appearance related clauses as the other club will just say "Eff off - we'll loan him somewhere else than".

I reckon as a cosmopolitan London club we ought to be able to attract quality players from abroad on loan. There's the risk they get "homesick" I suppose but frankly I'm not sure how we could get any worse than this Roberts debacle.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

It cuts both ways though....... from Leeds' perspective he's come to us to play regular football and rediscover his mojo. Obviously that's massively failed and the danger is other clubs look at us and avoid loaning us any players cos we have a reputation for ruining their players, not developing them.

I'd also say it'd be pretty futile trying to play "hard ball" and insert various performance or appearance related clauses as the other club will just say "Eff off - we'll loan him somewhere else than".

I reckon as a cosmopolitan London club we ought to be able to attract quality players from abroad on loan. There's the risk they get "homesick" I suppose but frankly I'm not sure how we could get any worse than this Roberts debacle.

Good thing is that when GA was at Wycombe an awful lot of his players were obtained as loan signings of which he done well with. So he has built a good rapport with various clubs and I’m sure there are plenty of options taking this route again for him going forward. Obviously being in the championship there should be a higher calibre of player wanting to come. It will take time but I think GA is definitely a manager who can make this work.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

In my opinion we should be signing young players on loan with potential and who are looking to impress their parent clubs , like Tim and Laird but not players with poor injury records like Richards.
                          The trouble with Roberts was that he was already an established squad player at Leeds on big wages and Leeds obviously wanted rid of him and you can see by his attitude he thinks he's billy big ###### and could'nt be bothered with little old QPR and also had a bad injury last season.
                          I would also like to see us scouting leagues 1 and 2 for some cheap signings and non league a bit like we used to back in the day.
                          We signed loads of great players from the lower leagues in the 80s , to me thats a better way forward rather than relying on our academy.
                          If we get any decent youngsters in the academy , they will be poached by the Premier league teams anyway

Comment

When he has played he has flattered to deceive and we aren't even doing that at the moment! Was a big season for him but not worked out for either him or us.

Comment

In my opinion we should be signing young players on loan with potential and who are looking to impress their parent clubs , like Tim and Laird but not players with poor injury records like Richards.
                              The trouble with Roberts was that he was already an established squad player at Leeds on big wages and Leeds obviously wanted rid of him and you can see by his attitude he thinks he's billy big ###### and could'nt be bothered with little old QPR and also had a bad injury last season.
                              I would also like to see us scouting leagues 1 and 2 for some cheap signings and non league a bit like we used to back in the day.
                              We signed loads of great players from the lower leagues in the 80s , to me thats a better way forward rather than relying on our academy.
                              If we get any decent youngsters in the academy , they will be poached by the Premier league teams anyway

Exactly what GA can provide. Given the time

Comment

Austin was a waste of money too.

We're a Care Home not a football club.

Comment

Working...
                                X