Reading looking at 12pt deduction for financial shenanigans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading looking at 12pt deduction for financial shenanigans

Unbelievable. They are currently under a "suspended sentence" for past irregularities yet are seemingly still at it.

From how read it they hsve already been deducted six points and the remaining six were suspended. If they dont meet requirements they will deducted the remaining six only, not 12....???

Comment

yes 6 points - they have already been deducted 6

Birmingham are also in the mire.

Its not just us in the doo do financially.

Comment

By having 12 points split they could avoid relegation in both seasons. Points deductions should not be a punishment it should be automatic relegation. Same goes for Man City.

Comment

Reading nasty little club

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
            From how read it they have already been deducted six points and the remaining six were suspended. If they dont meet requirements they will deducted the remaining six only, not 12....???
            The article I read in The Times (cant link it, it's behind a paywall) suggested the previous "suspended" six point punishment would be invoked and then this latest infraction would be treated as a separate/new offence (which it is of course) that would likely attract a 6-point deduction. so, Old 6 + New 6 = 12

That does make sense. If I get a 12-month suspended sentence for shoplifting and then go out and attack someone I'd expect to have to serve the 12-month sentence from before PLUS whatever they dish out for the assault.

If EFL adopted the approach you mention Reading could calculate that they could gamble on a massive injection of financial doping to only incur a 6pt deduction.... there has to be some sort of additional sanction for this latest bout of cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

The article I read in The Times (cant link it, it's behind a paywall) suggested the previous "suspended" six point punishment would be invoked and then this latest infraction would be treated as a separate/new offence (which it is of course) that would likely attract a 6-point deduction. so, Old 6 + New 6 = 12

That does make sense. If I get a 12-month suspended sentence for shoplifting and then go out and attack someone I'd expect to have to serve the 12-month sentence from before PLUS whatever they dish out for the assault.

If EFL adopted the approach you mention Reading could calculate that they could gamble on a massive injection of financial doping to only incur a 6pt deduction.... there has to be some sort of additional sanction for this latest bout of cheating.
              Makes sence and hopefully that's one relegation place taken care of.

Comment

If Reading will be docked six points they drop from 44 to 38 - one behind us. I am afraid it wont help us too much.

I understand that a further 6 points deduction might apply but not taking place this season.

Comment

You know you are not good enough when you are relying on other results and teams doing you favours and teams getting docked.

Comment

Originally posted by KLOS View Post
                    You know you are not good enough when you are relying on other results and teams doing you favours and teams getting docked.
                    Other teams may be better because theyve brought in better players in breach of financial constraints. If they didnt go over budget they would probably be below us in the league. #### em! We are trying to play within the rules.

Comment

I have not noticed any of Reading;' s shower being any better than our shower. Maybe their lot just occasionally do some defending.

Comment

Originally posted by KLOS View Post
                        I have not noticed any of Reading;' s shower being any better than our shower. Maybe their lot just occasionally do some defending.
                        Perhaps, for the extra spend their recruitment is worse than ours...

Comment

Hi Sheep

Worse procurement that we- hmmm.-

Compare the number of internationals in our squad and the total cost of recruitment/salary with that of Grimsby- which is collectively putting in a shift?
                          I do ,of course , exonerate a small number of individuals.

Comment

Working...
                          X