Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gareth Ainsworth postmatch interview

https://youtu.be/T1ydO8iSnXU

I will support him for 20 seasons at least, he will bring the glory days back. If we belive in him and support him.

Originally posted by 222lepo View Post
    https://youtu.be/T1ydO8iSnXU

I will support him for 20 seasons at least, he will bring the glory days back. If we belive in him and support him.
    I loved Ainsworth as a player but i think he is just another Holloway as a manager , hope i'm wrong and you are right but the way with managers nowadays , he'll be gone in 3 years .

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post

I loved Ainsworth as a player but i think he is just another Holloway as a manager , hope i'm wrong and you are right but the way with managers nowadays , he'll be gone in 3 years .
      Based on Wycombe have to disagree. He'll only do well here though if everyone including the board buy into him. If they don't he'll crash and burn.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

Based on Wycombe have to disagree. He'll only do well here though if everyone including the board buy into him. If they don't he'll crash and burn.
        What is it about his 10yrs at Wycombe that's so admirable and suggests that Ainsworth is a good manager/coach that can turn us into a decent outfit?

There is no doubting the fact he is a Rangers legend and a decent guy but how is he any different to say, a Steve Cotterill, a Darren Ferguson or a Karl Robinson?

I cant see that anyone would be excited to have Ferguson here so why should our prospects under Ainsworth be viewed differently?

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

What is it about his 10yrs at Wycombe that's so admirable and suggests that Ainsworth is a good manager/coach that can turn us into a decent outfit?

There is no doubting the fact he is a Rangers legend and a decent guy but how is he any different to say, a Steve Cotterill, a Darren Ferguson or a Karl Robinson?

I cant see that anyone would be excited to have Ferguson here so why should our prospects under Ainsworth be viewed differently?

tbf Wycombe were 90mins from the conference and he turned them around and got them to the championship. Sure they were relegated but only by 1 point and in some controversy regarding Derby. Wycombe are now arguably a decent top 10 league 1 team. Their budget would be one of the smallest not only in that division but in league 2 also. He has turned a few players over for a healthy profit and not payed a transfer fee so knows how to work under constraints.
          You mention Karl Robinson who had a big budget at Mk and his side regressed quite rapidly and never went anywhere and that is exactly what is now happening at Oxford. He will probably be sacked at the end of the season. Remember Wycombe ( fortunately) beat Oxford to gain promotion. Ainsworth left Wycombe in a healthy position both on and off the field.
          Given time he will be a success, his assistant is decent as well. Unfortunately I think a few QPR fans are living in memory of the better times and not being realistic as to where this great club is at the present time.
          Also Ainsworth has proved his loyalty unlike Beale so I think he deserves this chance at his beloved QPR and he deserves the respect from us supporters.
          Given the chance I personally think he will first off keep us in the championship and then drill some stability into the team in the forthcoming seasons.
          He wasn’t just hanging on at Wycombe he has progressed that club on a relatively tiny budget with very little if any outlay.

just as a footnote. Robinson been sacked today.

Comment

Originally posted by Westylad View Post

tbf Wycombe were 90mins from the conference and he turned them around and got them to the championship. Sure they were relegated but only by 1 point and in some controversy regarding Derby. Wycombe are now arguably a decent top 10 league 1 team. Their budget would be one of the smallest not only in that division but in league 2 also. He has turned a few players over for a healthy profit and not payed a transfer fee so knows how to work under constraints.
            You mention Karl Robinson who had a big budget at Mk and his side regressed quite rapidly and never went anywhere and that is exactly what is now happening at Oxford. He will probably be sacked at the end of the season. Remember Wycombe ( fortunately) beat Oxford to gain promotion. Ainsworth left Wycombe in a healthy position both on and off the field.
            Given time he will be a success, his assistant is decent as well. Unfortunately I think a few QPR fans are living in memory of the better times and not being realistic as to where this great club is at the present time.
            Also Ainsworth has proved his loyalty unlike Beale so I think he deserves this chance at his beloved QPR and he deserves the respect from us supporters.
            Given the chance I personally think he will first off keep us in the championship and then drill some stability into the team in the forthcoming seasons.
            He wasn’t just hanging on at Wycombe he has progressed that club on a relatively tiny budget with very little if any outlay.

Agree with all that aside from maybe keeping us in the Championship this season. I've been an Rs fan around 40 years and seen some carp in my time but not quite as bad as this. Injuries ridiculous and so many players off form. Confidence shot. Nearest I can think is when Ollie came in and took us from a position of safety to almost getting us relegated with his stupid selections and stubborn conviction to a formation we did not have players for. Even then though we knew the team could do better. Not sure there is a manager who could do much with this lot. My main hope is injuries start to clear up over the next fortnight and at least give GA some options. We have some winnable games in the next 6-8 but we need to go for it and have some choices player wise. What we have seen particularly over last few games I suspect we would struggle in League 1. If we had recall options personally would get Masterson and Shopido back. May not be Championship standard but what we are putting out at the moment I doubt is better than poor League 1 so would at least add some bodies.

After this season have faith GA will be a success here. Will have to do it on a budget though as doubt we will be getting much in transfer fees. Willock too injury prone to go for much, Dickie gone from Premiership bound to not looking good enough for this division. Dieng too many mistakes of late and his value will have gone down fair bit. Could maybe get £3m for Dykes but that would leave us with just Armstrong up top. Ideally need to start next season with say four capable strikers as am hoping will be play two up front. Field might get £3m+ for. Paal possibly a couple of million. Chair main one but if we keep playing as we are could see his value being lot less than we would have liked. Stating the obvious but all these will need replacing, it is not free money. If we get relegated makes it worse still value wise.

If we do go down I am sure GA can have us competitive next season. If we do pick up enough points to stay up will be quite a rebuild so would predict freebies and loans in summer which will allow us to build a more solid spine. If he succeeds in that then the following summer can see us improving on that and so on.

This season has turned into a nightmare so afraid I have joined the doom and gloom brigade. Longer term if we keep faith with GA and accept the limitations he will be working under then every chance he can do well. Has performed miracles for Wycombe over a number of years. No reason at all he can't do the same here given the chance. Just don't expect him to be able to do too much this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Those 10 years at Wycombe, a club that had nothing and have fought hard for promotions and against relegations, admirably so with little to no money. I would say it's a reasonable success story but what he has 100% instilled, undoubtedly is a culture at that club that will continue long after he's gone, and what we need is that. We get a positive culture back at this club and the results will come, even if they aren't incredible promotion winning results, it will be a teal the fans can get behind. For me that's a foundation we badly need.

Comment

Working...
              X