Moving forward then

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving forward then

Ainsworth needs time, he's been in the job less than a week and it was always going to a huge ask to get this team to turn things round in that time. It sounds like Chiar coming off had a pretty big impact on our shapr and confidence, maybe if he'd stayed on things would have been different. Bizarre to bring on Dozzell but at least GA knows now.

Lets pretend your Gareth, realistically what are you doing on Monday morning to get this squad moving and who are you picking next?

For me, it's got to be about sorting this defence out and i'm really not sure how it's supposed to be done given the personel? Call back Masterson?

The midfield has to step in, i'd like to see Amos playing again, i still feel thee is a player there and as a box to box midfielder, playing well he should be able to link well with Field as an outlet, Field should be in that Carrick type of role. I think that affords us 2 centre backs and then we move to a flatter back 4. Field in front, Amos in the centre with Lowe on the right and maybe Tim on the left, with Chair being out. I'd also be sticking Armstrong in with the sole purpose of running around like a maniac, dragging players about for Martin and the wings to move in. Also gives us the long ball option.

At a bit of a loss, didn't see the game today but doesn't take much deep thought to figure out not much has changed.

Whatever happens, stick with GA, only reason he goes is we go down this year, and then we'd have to be at risk being relegated from league 1. This club needs stability, even if we lose every single one of the playing squad it's GA's gig as far as i'm concerned.

Critchley isn’t a bad coach and could not get anything out of this team. It will be a touch job for Ainsworth as it is no reason to think he is any better than Critchley. I do not know the extent of Chair injury but without him I fear the worst. I wish Ainsworth all the best - he will need it!

I think this season has put Warburtons job in perspective. Best manager we had had after the Warnock-period. I am ashamed thinking about the fact I agreed he had to go. What a mistake!

Comment

If and its getting more realistic weekly relegation will cripple us simpering as that. The debacle of recruitment is hurting forget injuries some of them have awful records for being sick notes some are soft some are shite

A proper dof with a manager getting players they target needs to start ASAP not les f kin about anymore get him out

Sign tougher fitter prospects sort the youths out develop sell and recycle get an asset move them on and build a platform

L1 could be a death knell the losses are too big for this league 50k a week in L1 with lower crowds may be a step too far

Comment

We need to decide if we're a shop window where players can develop and progress, or if we want to build a team.

I feel sorry for the players who have to crosss the line. Theyre trying their best but have been hung out to dry with no support due to poor recruitment. Some must dread KO with no sight of any players coming in and relieving them of the pressure.

I genuinely dont understand how fit young men with all the medical treatments available to them can get injured so much. When i played we all ran off pulls and strains, but any niggle today and its three weeks of ultra-sound.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
          Critchley isn’t a bad coach and could not get anything out of this team. It will be a touch job for Ainsworth as it is no reason to think he is any better than Critchley. I do not know the extent of Chair injury but without him I fear the worst. I wish Ainsworth all the best - he will need it!

I think this season has put Warburtons job in perspective. Best manager we had had after the Warnock-period. I am ashamed thinking about the fact I agreed he had to go. What a mistake!
          Warbs failings was his refusal to adpat to the personnel. No wingbacks in the squad, lone striker too often (look how well he did when we had 2 upfront!) and yet he continued to persist with a formation that wouldn't work.

He was very good i agree, and if he'd not fallen out with Les and played to the teams strengths he'd still be here.

Comment

So anyway, you're GA.

You go home, pour a whisky and listen to Zepplin, think about what you're gonna do about this #### show.

What you gonna do?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
              We need to decide if we're a shop window where players can develop and progress, or if we want to build a team.

I feel sorry for the players who have to crosss the line. Theyre trying their best but have been hung out to dry with no support due to poor recruitment. Some must dread KO with no sight of any players coming in and relieving them of the pressure.

I genuinely dont understand how fit young men with all the medical treatments available to them can get injured so much. When i played we all ran off pulls and strains, but any niggle today and its three weeks of ultra-sound.
              My preference is build a good team , that way if you are playing well and challenging for play offs etc , players will get spotted and sold.
              The way its going for us now , we had a few saleable assets but because the team is so poor , those players look poor and therefore the price goes down or nobody wants them.
              The trouble with some of our injuries is they are players that have had serious injuries and most are never the same again and often get niggling injuries and muscle strains for the rest of their careers.
              We should steer well clear of players like Amos , JCS , dE Wjis , Wallace , Richards ect all have spent more time injured than in the team , even Roberts had a bad muscle injury last year at Leeds and we signed him and he spent more time in the treatment room than on the pitch.

Comment

It is the perennial problem- if you are left with your two best players. by a mile. injured , do you try to make the remaining dross fit your preferred system or do you try to devise a system to accommodate the dross- on the assumption you do not quit.

Comment

My own view is GA should stay regardless of what division we end up in. Can't keep changing manager and he has shown he can perform extremely well over a period of years with no budget. Find me a better realistic candidate. Only other ones we could have gone for are likes of Wilder and Jones who are only available because, for all their good work elsewhere, they have flopped in their last jobs.

As to what GA does he has now seen the team in the flesh in a competitive game and has time over the coming week to work with them, maybe try some new things and given our injuries see who is available. We have Rotherham away next and Blackpool two games after that. Both crucial games and ones in theory we need to aiming to try and get at least a point out of. My hopes aren't high. Glimmers for me were seeing Amos and Richards on bench. I like Amos and we keep hearing how talented Richards is but have seen next to nothing of him. If he is finally up to it maybe we should see more of him now.

After those games we have Birmingham, Wigan and Preston. Only really tough one on paper in coming run is Watford. Seems a long time ago we won there! Do or die time over the next half a dozen games. 1 win in 20 suggests more likely be die but it is in our hands.

Comment

Working...
                  X