Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ainsworth's first 11

What are we saying?

As long as Dozzell doesn't start, things should improve. Knew after his first 2 games he was a League 1 player. Maybe give a youngster full of verve and enthusiasm a go.

Comment

Interesting that Ainsworth has actually left an arguably better side-given our injuries- to join us maybe in part, because he loves us (he also loves Wycombe). But we also are a bigger club with more potential. Reckon it'll be Dieng Laird (if fit) Kakay Dunne Dickie Paal Johannsen (if fit) Field Chair Armstrong (the 'speedster' to get on the end of our 'hoofball') and Martin. Subs bench-who knows? Hopefully not the lower League 1 standard player Dozzell for a start. No doubt he'll be gone on a free at season's end.

Comment

Amos and Willock are tragedies. good players who I don't think will ever be fit enough to fulfill their potential.

Comment

Depends on whose fit. Roberts and Laird could feature by all accounts. If they are, this line up wouldn’t surprise me;

Dieng
          Laird
          Dunne
          Dickie
          Paal
          Field
          Stef
          Chair
          Lowe
          Martin
          Roberts

Midfield looks suspect so maybe Tim instead of Roberts.

I reckon Gaz will ‘go for it’ though

Comment

Dozzel will be mustard under wild thhing

Comment

Have a feeling he may use Lowe from the bench.

Comment

given team for last game will be glad if he has a first 11! My main hope regardless is we start to move the ball with a bit more pace and get more stuck in generally. Need to get rid of the lethargy and predictability.

Comment

Don't forget he's only been here for a matter of days, and intensive training/trialling will be alien to our bunch.

So how good an idea will he have of the squad yet?

Comment

Wouldn’t play Tim as he had been awful in last few games & seems disinterested

Comment

He has two tasks.... keep us up AND make us competitive next season.

Ideally he achieves the first aim in fairly short order by playing a particular XI and can then use the remaining games to lay the seeds for next season, probably by playing a different XI.

Unfortunately, whilst the spectre of relegation looms in the background I fear his options are very constrained and he will have to favour players with character or backbone but I am not sure we actually have more than a few of these and hence it's a bit of a lottery which players make his team.

Comment

Dieng

Laird or kakay / Dickie / Dunne / Paal

Field

Lowe / Stef / Chair

Armstrong / Martin

or

Dieng

Laird or kakay / Dickie / Dunne / Paal

Field

Albert Stef Lowe

Chair

Martin

He's gonna start Albert or Armstrong i reckon. Kakay depends on Laird.

I don't see a wrold where Dozzell fits given last run of form.

I don't see how an incomong boss drops chair, but i would. I'd have Lowe in his role.

Shame Dykes is our as I think GA will be the best thing that's happened to his time at QPR.

Comment

Will definitely start Martin he loves a big man up top . And will definitely play with wingers who get down the line and get crosses in we don’t have them I know .. but going on last 10 years that’s how he plays with the long ball up top and win first and 2nd balls .

Comment

Or maybe he'll shock us all and make dozzel el capitano

Comment

The problem with GA is he doesnt have a Plan A let alone Plan B. His use, and the timing of substitutions, is completely baffling.

Last edited by SheepRanger; 22-02-2023, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X