Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brighton/potter

Thoughts ….
    potter had Brighton playing like “Brazil” with players they brought for cheap and sold for a big profit had young players coming through from the youth ranks . Everything we want as a club . However this is down to the recruitment side of the club not the manager . Brighton gave potter all the tools to carry out a good job .. hench chelsea came for him . His now at Chelsea and struggling because their recruitment is awful and just threw loads of money at all the best players and because Chelsea’s recruitment is awful it makes the manager look bad.
    I think In our case we don’t have the tools to give any manager the foundations to carry out a good job . Unless we get rid of all this data rubbish and get rid of a DOF .
    Any manager who’s comes in now will struggle to push us on . While we have these clowns in charge and Les being around we will struggle

I totally see the point in a dof to bnring consistency, but there then must be a very clear idea of what kind of coach comes in.

To my eyes, i do prefer the older management model. Managers need to bring in their players but there still needs to be a voice of reason. We can never repeast the redknapp Hughes era, which a dof i supposed to be in place for. But the coaching model isnt working. Had Warbs been given a longer leash he really could have been the one, but it all went sour. Still no idea why he refused to change systems with no wingbacks, felt like a slow suicide.`

To your point, someone like Potter would not come given what we know because the setup just isnt there, you're right. But it felt like they were doing everything Beale wanted.

What does that mean? Stuck with average coaches until we get lucky?

Comment

Recruitments a two fold thing the scouts if we have any should work with the manager to identify players for the style/tactics he wants to play. Any decent manager should be able to watch a player and go yep he's got it after first half of football at the most

Sadly Les aint got a clue and a lot of this mess is down to boardroom decisions spunking decent money out on Bonne,Washington,Dozzell and then committing to Richards at Brighton its a bit unfair on Richards as he cant be bad to be picked up by city and Brighton play decent stuff. But his injury records shocking and we cant afford 50% at best injured in a season we need some toughness and reliability. Richard Dunne at the end of his career strutted around in this league we've got a handful who are regularly fit

Whilst Les stays we will only continue to decline because mistakes in any business hurt and we have not learned from them and Les is the wrong guy for that job and always will be spreadsheet cost cutting is easy but recruiting the right player is way beyond his level of competence.

A new manager may bring fresh ideas and make us safe and come through this for the better in the long term however i just don't see us getting anyone in thats got there own views wants things changed scout themselves and challenge the board room to do things different for the better.

Were in a mess and its about time the board realised that.

Comment

Brighton a very well run club. Managers just slot in. In my view should be what we should be aiming for. They do though illustrate that to do it in the Premiership you also need the ground and it took them years to get that ground.

Potter underwhelmed me most of the time at Brighton. Hughton did a great job, one bad summer though where virtually all the signings flopped and that was it which was harsh in my view. Potter took a while to get up and running there and is the kind of manager who needs time. Brighton gave him that and he came good. Notable though his replacement going great games. Chelsea at present are just big money chaos. I'd be surprised if he lasted much longer there.

I'm not convinced Potter would be a good fit either for us or him.

Comment

Working...
        X