Relegation ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relegation ??

I know I’ve had abuse in the past for ‘we are 100 % going down’ posts and rightly so!

Given our;

1. Awful run of form.
    2. No strikers - wishing Lyndon the very best
    3. No money - unlikely we’ll have any incomings
    4. Mood -let’s be honest it’s the worst it’s been in recent times
    5. Beale - his departure has caused chaos
    6. Leadership - sadly lacking
    7. Injuries - so many at the moment (Lyndon, Laird, Paal, Balogan, Roberts, Chair) - one thing after another
    8. Critchley - uninspiring at best.

I’ve deliberately been negative but there is a bit or nervousness in that we are in free fall

Could we go down? Could we?

40/1 Sky Bet!

if we don't get at least one striker in in the next few days - i think we are in danger of it being a very nervy 2nd half to the season!

I don't think we will go down but it could get a bit tight.

Comment

Would it be a bad thing ?
      les would be gone . Most players be gone . Look at last time we went down it was the best times all players wore there hearts on there sleeve .. gallen / bircham etc

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
        Would it be a bad thing ?
        les would be gone . Most players be gone . Look at last time we went down it was the best times all players wore there hearts on there sleeve .. gallen / bircham etc
        financially would be a disaster again small crowds no tv revenue only when internationals are on would you be on sky mind your that's no bad thing. I think we have enough to stay up but we won't be far from bottom 6.

I agree the club needs a reboot from top to bottom Les and Hoos need to make way we need a proper manager imo as well

Comment

I'd get shot of hoos and the manager. I do think it's tough to think who we could attract as manager but clearly if that mean't a better manager to come in without the sporting director around then I'm fine with that too but I do have to be honest and upfront that Sir Les has done allot of good so I'd be sad to see him leave. Relegation would be horrific. Not easy getting out of league one.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

financially would be a disaster again small crowds no tv revenue only when internationals are on would you be on sky mind your that's no bad thing. I think we have enough to stay up but we won't be far from bottom 6.

I agree the club needs a reboot from top to bottom Les and Hoos need to make way we need a proper manager imo as well
            Our crowds are low anyway .

Comment

Our League 1 crowds were better than the struggling Championship ones.

People will pay to see a winning team irrespective of what division it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

Our crowds are low anyway .
                Given the tripe dished out lately fair play to the 700 that went to Hull.

I'll be honest the way football going I don't bother with Prem or internationals now and rapidly losing interest in Qpr which i never though would happen

Comment

Please do not think there is anything positive with relegation for a club like QPR. It might take us decades to be back in the Championship. Look at Orient, Oxford, Notts County and many other clubs that had good years in the old first and second division in the 70s and 80s. They are slightly smaller than us, but look what happened to them - they have not regained Championship status and some have even dropped outside the League system for periods. QPR has stayed longer on level 3 and 4 than level 1 and 2 and there is nothing that gives us any right to bounce back if relegated. Please do not try to look for any silver lining connected with relegation. Relegation is a disaster.

Comment

I think Critchley has pointed to our main problem in a better way than Warburton and Beale: the lack of dirty hard work that is paramount in the Championships. We have too many technical gifted players that are good but not up for tough fights. We play well against teams that play our possession based style but rarely against the ugly teams and we are too often oughtfought.

Rarher than players such as Roberts, Richards, Tim, Dozzell, Amos, Clark-Salter etc, lets get in a couple of grafters. Balogun and Johansen back will help somewhat.

I understand why we have ended up with silky players, as those might have higher resell value. But we have not got the mix right. Now we need the ugly guys. It is even more important than an extra striker.

It is paramount to save us. It is a couple of days left of the window to save us from a relegation fight.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                      I think Critchley has pointed to our main problem in a better way than Warburton and Beale: the lack of dirty hard work that is paramount in the Championships. We have too many technical gifted players that are good but not up for tough fights. We play well against teams that play our possession based style but rarely against the ugly teams and we are too often oughtfought.

Rarher than players such as Roberts, Richards, Tim, Dozzell, Amos, Clark-Salter etc, lets get in a couple of grafters. Balogun and Johansen back will help somewhat.

I understand why we have ended up with silky players, as those might have higher resell value. But we have not got the mix right. Now we need the ugly guys. It is even more important than an extra striker.

It is paramount to save us. It is a couple of days left of the window to save us from a relegation fight.
                      Good post , this team is soft , heads go down easy and it lacks bite.
                      No leaders or players with their sleeves rolled up shouting and encouraging
                      I was on a football pitch for 90 mins today and u wouldn't catch me with gloves on
                      Too many of this team need to " man up "

Comment

Dom Ball comes to mind. But we get rid because we wanted class. Every great team needs a player or two that can fight for the team.

Comment

I reckon we're about 12pts from safety. I suspect the bottom three will have a relatively decent points haul, no one club is adrift or clearly out of their depth this season. Given we've taken 11pts from past 14 games it doesn't look good at all - I'd say we're 100% in danger of relegation given our 2022 form/trajectory. Obviously mathematically we could pretty much save ourselves within a matter of weeks simply by winning four games. However, we seem unable to beat anybody lately and our heads are visibly dropping so four wins is like a mountain to this bunch of tarts currently turning out for us.

Comment

Saw the highlights and Dickie looks all over the place. We need a CB who csn stay fit and have enough spring in his ankles to close a player down quickly. Dickie wasnt great against Swansea but now looks shot and for his own career and our league sagety needs time out of the team.

In two days we need a CB, Defensive Mid and CF.

Thats a lot to ask for in two days....but crack on!!

Comment

I'd be surprised if we signed 1 player!! Not a chance we get 3..

Comment

Working...
                              X