Out of form players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of form players

Maybe because our lack of squad depth, we never seem to drop players who are out of form. Willock for example shouldn’t start next weekend, Lowe should play. We’re shipping in goals so Dunne or Dickie should be replaced by JCS. Hopefully Stef will now be fit enough to start, instead of Tim?

Controversially, Dieng hasn’t been at it. He has an air of arrogance about him and always seems to be beaten by speculative, long range efforts. I think opposition coaches have identified this as a weakness? Maybe, give Archer a go next week, otherwise what incentive is there for him?

Starting Archer or Walsh would be a good idea , but it`s a genuine problem that we sign too many injury prone players. It started as a business model, but it has backfired.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

IMO, first goal, great hit, in off post. No keeper would have saved it. 2nd goal, should have better with initial shot. Still play him next week.

Generally agree squad lots of depth, not enough quality. 5 loan players suggest Beale and now Critchley unhappy with squad.

Willock, something has happened. Great start to season, fading fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
        IMO, first goal, great hit, in off post. No keeper would have saved it. 2nd goal, should have better with initial shot. Still play him next week.

Generally agree squad lots of depth, not enough quality. 5 loan players suggest Beale and now Critchley unhappy with squad.

Willock, something has happened. Great start to season, fading fast.
        I wonder if its down to his contract situation, considering his contract is up at the end of this season.

I do think we have a 12 month option that the club can exercise, so I can see us triggering it.

I remember us signing him for £750k, so we will make a profit no matter what I think.

Comment

Was talking to a fella yday at the game , he told me Beale had kept picking willock when he wasn't 100% fit . Willock has got the hump over this , that the club didn't back him and look after him properly. How true this is , is anyone's guess . Yesterday he played out wide , wasn't effective , lost the ball a lot and pulled out of tackles.
          .Just looks like his heart isn't in it .

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            Was talking to a fella yday at the game , he told me Beale had kept picking willock when he wasn't 100% fit . Willock has got the hump over this , that the club didn't back him and look after him properly. How true this is , is anyone's guess . Yesterday he played out wide , wasn't effective , lost the ball a lot and pulled out of tackles.
            .Just looks like his heart isn't in it .
            I could tell from the pictures ive seen, sad to see him like that.

I think its time he got let go personally, cash in and use it to get a left footed midfielder.

Considering we got him for £750k, we will still make a profit on him.

Comment

I feel certain players just play better with certain managers,maybe with critchley he told to play a way like stay out wide and not like before where he can have a more free role

Comment

Originally posted by pauly View Post
                I feel certain players just play better with certain managers,maybe with critchley he told to play a way like stay out wide and not like before where he can have a more free role
                That could be a reason as well.

I think Willock has to be moved on sadly, his contract is up at the end of the season, so perhaps maybe its best for all parties concerned to cash in while we still can and use it to invest into a left footed midfielder perhaps?

Comment

If its a decent fee and we use it on another player.One thing with willock he was especially good at assisting and scoring consistently when on form and I'd say something chair needs to improve on although he's playing ok we need him doing what willock was doing and not rellying on one player

Comment

Actually what I mean chair is more wasteful and should assist rather than shoot and vise versa.poor decision making compared to a in form willock

Comment

We shouldn’t sell Willock, but definitely take the one year contract extension on him. If we don’t he leaves for free in the Summer, or if (as some people are suggesting) we sell him in this window, we would get very little back considering how much he is worth when on form! If we did sell him, we’d be lucky to get £4-5M for him right now.

I think his problem right now is a culmination of different issues. Confidence is definitely one. His injuries obviously haven’t helped and perhaps he’s aware of these and he is holding back because of this? However, I do think one issue he isn’t being helped with is that Critchley insists on playing him in a wide left position. He is far more effective and comfortable in Central areas, where he should be playing.

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
                        We shouldn’t sell Willock, but definitely take the one year contract extension on him. If we don’t he leaves for free in the Summer, or if (as some people are suggesting) we sell him in this window, we would get very little back considering how much he is worth when on form! If we did sell him, we’d be lucky to get £4-5M for him right now.

I think his problem right now is a culmination of different issues. Confidence is definitely one. His injuries obviously haven’t helped and perhaps he’s aware of these and he is holding back because of this? However, I do think one issue he isn’t being helped with is that Critchley insists on playing him in a wide left position. He is far more effective and comfortable in Central areas, where he should be playing.
                        Why would anyone pay £4/£5 million for a miserable fragile injury-prone player who downs tools if asked to play in a different position to their favoured role? Willock's contribution over past 10 months has been mostly ineffective and I don't understand why people want to keep making excuses for him. He shouldn't even be in our starting XI so it's hard to see why he deserves to be in anyone's first team.

Comment

Last night, NC spoke highly of Willock in WLS. Willock want to stay, but he was rushed back from injury way too soon by Beale... The article/interview is definetly worth a read/look.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Why would anyone pay £4/£5 million for a miserable fragile injury-prone player who downs tools if asked to play in a different position to their favoured role? Willock's contribution over past 10 months has been mostly ineffective and I don't understand why people want to keep making excuses for him. He shouldn't even be in our starting XI so it's hard to see why he deserves to be in anyone's first team.
                            I agree Willock has not been the same player since his injuries struck and he came back probably too early when not 100% fit. However, look at our current squad! We are lacking goals! Plain and simple. If he was offloaded by those in charge of player recruitment (ha ha that one always makes me laugh!) Do you honestly believe that money would be made available for a ready made replacement? We’ve just cancelled Bonnes contract and shipped out Shodipo on loan, so both won’t play for us again. And before you jump in, yes we signed Lowe on loan (who I thought was brilliant on Sat) but we still lack an out and out striker! Willock probably needs some time out of the first team starting X1 I agree, maybe cameos off the bench will hopefully make him think he is not undroppable. I would not be looking to cast him adrift and get rid of probably our best player though when he is on form. All my opinion though ofcourse.

Comment

Our policy, and it’s always been this way, is to buy either;
                              1.) aging players - no resale value
                              2.) injured players

Both have worked and failed for us in differing degrees.

Patience is needed now

Comment

Working...
                              X