We need two new strikers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need two new strikers

How bad is Dykes absolutly nothing has happened in the last games. Even Austin not in shape created more remember? Dykes is working so hard but producing zero. Non of us want to say this but he is so mediocre. He is not even a target man.

We need 1 new striker, I'd punt for someone with experience to complement the two we have.

Armstrong is a talent and needs more gale time but only in an effective attack.

Dykes simply just needs a partner and the ball in the box and he will do better. He's not the messiah but he's ok at this level, we just don't play to his strengths.

What we need to do is stop forcing square pegs into round holes with 2 number 10's, when they are both not particularly gifted, with a midfield that struggles with transistions and winning the ball.

Said it for a while but best thing we could do is sell Chair, he's good but not good enough to be as selfish as he is. I think selling him would bring the best out of afew other players, and use those funds for a midfielder. Loan an experienced striker as we cannot afford to buy one, and I do not see the point in developing another young loan player, IMO Armstrong is the focus and to a lesser extent Dykes is too.

Comment

Dykes has a lot to offer - he just needs service and support. A new striker to play alongside Dykes might be good but in the interim maybe NC could set us up to be more attack minded as a unit. Currently none of the other players, be it our midfielders or defenders, seem to have the ability or appetite to get forward and support Dykes.
      On the few occasions we do get into advanced positions we only have one or two of our players in the box being marshalled by several opposition defenders - no wonder we can't score goals for toffee.
      I don't know if we have a problem with fitness or energy levels, but most of our opponents seen far better than us at quickly getting men forward or backwards in good numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
        Dykes has a lot to offer - he just needs service and support. A new striker to play alongside Dykes might be good but in the interim maybe NC could set us up to be more attack minded as a unit. Currently none of the other players, be it our midfielders or defenders, seem to have the ability or appetite to get forward and support Dykes.
        On the few occasions we do get into advanced positions we only have one or two of our players in the box being marshalled by several opposition defenders - no wonder we can't score goals for toffee.
        I don't know if we have a problem with fitness or energy levels, but most of our opponents seen far better than us at quickly getting men forward or backwards in good numbers.
        100% this, and it was the reason Beale was succesful, this was idenfified on the wings and he somehow turned Stef from a cart horse into a race horse.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          Dykes has nothing to offer other than effort.
          He has no pace , no positional sense , his first touch and control are atrocious , he is an Aussie rules footballer .

Comment

We've all been banging on about getting a new striker for ages now . Every other thread is saying this . I'm sure the critch is doing his best as he will know dykes limitations.

Comment

We have needed new strikers for a while now but have not been able to sign any due to cost and clubs being ahead of us in line.

I concur we need to try and get someone experienced on loan, akin to what we need with Wells and others in the past. Dykes fine at this level with service.

Comment

Working...
              X