No announcement yet.

N C after match interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who'd buy and have to stick their hands in their pocket for £1m+ per month?

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
      Who'd buy and have to stick their hands in their pocket for £1m+ per month?
      Someone with business plan and a vision not a pipedream of excuses and can spot talent and has the testicles to say to Hammersmith help with a site or were off

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

Well said.

If there is no signings in this window that are of sufficient quality then I think a lot of fans will turn against the board, me included.

I'm kind of fed up with their excuses now. To claim that they are trying to run a financially sustainable business, then the next minute waste 2m on a striker by terminating their contract, you have to wonder what on earth is going on.

If things dont change soon, then I think the board seriously should put the club up for sale and give someone else a go.
        Are you sure we did £2m on Bonne?

If that figure was quoted Im sure it would have been performance related. He failed and the team never got promoted. I'd be amazed if the total transfer fee was more than £750k. Still a lot of money but not for a CF, even for one coming from L1.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Are you sure we did £2m on Bonne?

If that figure was quoted Im sure it would have been performance related. He failed and the team never got promoted. I'd be amazed if the total transfer fee was more than £750k. Still a lot of money but not for a CF, even for one coming from L1.
          This could well be true. It does once again lead us back to our "undisclosed" transfer fee policy. It would certainly help to ascertain how much of a success a player has been, if we knew how much we'd paid for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post

This could well be true. It does once again lead us back to our "undisclosed" transfer fee policy. It would certainly help to ascertain how much of a success a player has been, if we knew how much we'd paid for them.
            Amazing we're debating a £750k fee when i think we paid £400k for Tony Currie some 40 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post

As a club we like the undisclosed fee, im pretty sure Bone was around £2m Washington was £2.5 and Dozzell around the £1m mark now if i were the one making those purchases id want the figures undisclosed.

Sadly i reckon the muppet who said good deal to these still thinks betamax videos are the way forwards

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Someone with business plan and a vision not a pipedream of excuses and can spot talent and has the testicles to say to Hammersmith help with a site or were off
                Not sure anyone like that would buy the club, they'd demand it gifted.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Not sure anyone like that would buy the club, they'd demand it gifted.
                  Your probably right in todays climate, The club needs some fresh ideas and a proper plan/strategy if that's a new board member/investor as a fan i don't really care, As fans some direction and better judgment on player recruitment would be a start.

As someone above posted 400k on Tony Currie and Bonne at 750k 40 years later Currie would be worth millions and im amazed Bonne is 750k that should of bean jelly babies not gbp

To many recruitment decisions have turned out to be poor choices and the pitch is the main bit as fans were interested in its a results business and im in no way critical of NC he should only be judged on transfers in out etc in a years time id only of liked for him of used Sinclair at Fleetwood

Comment

Amazing we're debating a £750k fee when i think we paid £400k for Tony Currie some 40 years ago.
                    But aren`t we skint?
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

We took a punt on Bonne. I seem to recall it was around £1m which is very little for a young striker who had just had a promising Championship season with a struggling Charlton side. Sadly didn't work out. Had Dykes not been raw he would have cost a lot more than he did and would have been out of our price range. We are shopping bargain basement in Championship terms and relying mainly on freebies and loans. What money we do fork out is mainly punts and would also include Dozzell in that category.

After various disasters and mismanagement the club does seem to be reasonably well run and we are just through a pretty dire time for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

But aren`t we skint?
                        Spending £750k on a striker is being skint at this level. The board have written off close to £200m in director loans to keep the club going. They would need to sell the club for circa £300m to get their money back.

Comment

Spending £750k on a striker is being skint at this level. The board have written off close to £200m in director loans to keep the club going. They would need to sell the club for circa £300m to get their money back.
                          Written off …means it’s gone / dead money !
                          they won’t get that back . If they sell the club it will be 50 million top wack imo
                          (which I don’t think they will )
                          they are making money don’t kid yourself.
                          we hear they are writing million pound a month cheques .. if that was the case who in there right mind would carry that on for the last 4/5 years . Nothing makes sense at this club we just hide being ffp as it’s an easy excuse .

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

Written off …means it’s gone / dead money !
                            they won’t get that back . If they sell the club it will be 50 million top wack imo
                            (which I don’t think they will )
                            they are making money don’t kid yourself.
                            we hear they are writing million pound a month cheques .. if that was the case who in there right mind would carry that on for the last 4/5 years . Nothing makes sense at this club we just hide being ffp as it’s an easy excuse .
                            Ive never said they are making money.

I think Flavio sold the club for £80m with premiership status, so without that and losing £12m a year its anyones guess whats the club is worth - £25m??

Personally, i think they'll wait until the right dice get thrown and we sneak back into the prem. At that point there will no difference in investment and they'll take the £250m it brings with the parachute money and they'll clear £200m reducing their total investment to £100m.

Just my view that theyre trying to get to the prem as cheap as possible, asset strip the earnings and any player values, then either put us up for sale or pack the squad full of free transfers to start again.

Comment

Ive never said they are making money.

I think Flavio sold the club for £80m with premiership status, so without that and losing £12m a year its anyones guess whats the club is worth - £25m??

Personally, i think they'll wait until the right dice get thrown and we sneak back into the prem. At that point there will no difference in investment and they'll take the £250m it brings with the parachute money and they'll clear £200m reducing their total investment to £100m.

Just my view that theyre trying to get to the prem as cheap as possible, asset strip the earnings and any player values, then either put us up for sale or pack the squad full of free transfers to start again.
                              What clever business man Flįvio was brought us cheap
                              said he will take us to the premiership in 4 years . Then sold us for a good profit . . He didn’t let agents pull his pants down . Was crazy sacking managers but he got us to the premiership by hook or crook .
                              I actually enjoyed them days . Not like this shambles .
                              he would of sacked Les and lee after a year or so . Not allow them to continue taking money for doing nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

What clever business man Flįvio was brought us cheap
                                said he will take us to the premiership in 4 years . Then sold us for a good profit . . He didn’t let agents pull his pants down . Was crazy sacking managers but he got us to the premiership by hook or crook .
                                I actually enjoyed them days . Not like this shambles .
                                he would of sacked Les and lee after a year or so . Not allow them to continue taking money for doing nothing
                                As crazy as he was it was entertaining for sure.

He probably made £30m from owning us before declaring "football was not for him". Nice to come to that conclusion without having your pockets empties.

Comment

Working...
                                X