Loan players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loan players

Club trying to sign lowe and/or ebiowei on loan. But we are only allowed 5 loan players. With this in mind the club still allowed Roberts to play 15 times and triggered a clause where he has to stay til end of season!! Sums this club up. So we are stuck with him.

Could send Richards back to free up one spot but to allow Roberts to play knowing this clause existed and are now prevented from replacing him with someone who could actually score a goal and even better stay fit smacks of incompetence.

Saw lots more effort from Roberts against SU , perhaps critch has had a sit down with him and he's promised to deliver

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
      Saw lots more effort from Roberts against SU , perhaps critch has had a sit down with him and he's promised to deliver
      His problem is he can't stay fit. We need someone to play alongside dykes. Not another chair or willock which is what i see Roberts as but just not as good as either.

Comment

Richards can’t be sent back … we got to buy him end of season £3million
        I know we haven’t seen him yet because of injury’s . And don’t look good for the future with his injury records . However we get this guy fit and injury free he will light up this league and imo be the best player we got . (Strong bold comment I know ) but watch this space

Comment

I think you will find the buy clause is for Roberts at 4.5 million, if we get promoted

Comment

Roberts wouldn't be worth 450,000
            I've been really disappointed with him as the buzz from signing him has well and truly died
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post
              Richards can’t be sent back … we got to buy him end of season £3million
              I know we haven’t seen him yet because of injury’s . And don’t look good for the future with his injury records . However we get this guy fit and injury free he will light up this league and imo be the best player we got . (Strong bold comment I know ) but watch this space
              I thought we had option to buy Richards. Promotion might trigger purchase. Signing loan deals under those terms, good business in my view.

Tyler Roberts, Option to buy, not compulsory.

Could be wrong of course.

Comment

Think we've been here before - option, not obligation.

Comment

[QUOTE=Romford Hoop;n2585022]I think you will find the buy clause is for Roberts at 4.5 million, if we get promoted[/QUOTE

i think you will find I wasn’t talking about roberts I don’t know the ins and outs .
                  im saying we can’t send Richards back (to Brighton ) just incase you are mixed up between the two players .we have no choice other to buy him for £3 million end of the season . We can however buy him this January which then will free up another loan space (makes sense )

Comment

Buy him for 3 million in Jan, sell him back to Brighton for 3 million the day after and move on. The lad hasn't had the impact he and we needed. Let him go back and either find somewhere else on loan or move permanently to another club.

Comment

So to sum up?
                      We have to buy Richards for £3 million, despite the fact he hasn't played because of injury.

We don't have to buy Roberts unless we get promoted, but we are stuck with him until the end of the season because we've triggered an appearance clause.

So for the near future we are saddled with a player made out of glass, and a player showing about as much commitment to the club as Mick Beale.

I think we should give up all hope of ever trying to find another striker.

Comment

Apparently there is talk of us exercising the option to buy Richards, so it frees up a loan spot.

Comment

We don't have 3 million to spend yet spend it on a player we don't actually need. We need a striker. Not another midfielder to go with the 20 we already have.

Comment

I have to confess I continually get confused when reading threads about Roberts/Richards - I get them muddled up. I put ths down to my advancing years and general decrepitude along with fact they are both a waste of effing space.

Comment

Both are injury prone. Roberts hasn't shown anything in his 15 appearances. Richards had only played 3 or 4 times. Can't judge him on that.

Comment

Working...
                              X