The Longer Term Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Longer Term Picture

Football is great for lifting you up just so that it can kick you down again. Right now we are all very low but a couple of good results (unlikely but it could happen) and we will feel good again. What worries me more is (seemingly ) the lack of any discernible plan, medium or long term. If such a plan DOES indeed exist, then sharing this with the fans would certainly improve the club's PR. Does anyone know if the club undertakes audits of its' systems, staff assessments and performance reviews?
    Managing and operating any business successfully is difficult. But in order to succeed, without certain skills and experience in key areas, success is unlikely.

Really good post. I genuinely think that Beale was considered the solution. His departure and particularly the manner of it has rocked the club from top to bottom.

I foresee a turbulent few weeks ahead and am suspicious that Balogan and Stef are still ‘injured’. It really wouldn’t surprise me to see Balogan in particular at Ibrox in Jan. Willocks lack of form is also concerning. Lots of rumours that he may be heading there too.

Given Critchleys understated style; Les, Lee and Amit need to communicate with us, reassure us, tell us the plans for this season and going forward. An early transfer window signing (striker) would help a lot. We need a boost or 2 and quick!

Can only see another home defeat on Monday and that won’t help!

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
      Really good post. I genuinely think that Beale was considered the solution. His departure and particularly the manner of it has rocked the club from top to bottom.

I foresee a turbulent few weeks ahead and am suspicious that Balogan and Stef are still ‘injured’. It really wouldn’t surprise me to see Balogan in particular at Ibrox in Jan. Willocks lack of form is also concerning. Lots of rumours that he may be heading there too.

Given Critchleys understated style; Les, Lee and Amit need to communicate with us, reassure us, tell us the plans for this season and going forward. An early transfer window signing (striker) would help a lot. We need a boost or 2 and quick!

Can only see another home defeat on Monday and that won’t help!
      Yeah, and I am starting to have questions about the recruitment side of the club.

For me the buck stops with the board and Les in partcular, some very poor decisions throughout his 8 years as DoF.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

Yeah, and I am starting to have questions about the recruitment side of the club.

For me the buck stops with the board and Les in partcular, some very poor decisions throughout his 8 years as DoF.
        The recruitment is as stated......buy chesp and hopefully sell to help the club to be more sustainable. Willock may well be off but thats what was always expected under our current recruitment model.

We probably need another 20 points to be safe this season, so if its a Jan clear out to bring in some cash, limp over the line this season ready for a full revamp next season, then so be it.

Comment

I do believe that the plan was probably to totally overhaul the squad under Beale. Aside from his coaching skills he seemed to have a lot of contacts and a "little black book" containing hidden gems of players. The way he identified Paal was quite extraordinary, he'd seen him play in a Dutch U14s tournament and noted him for the future. Nobody really saw what was coming with Beale, there was nothing in his history, demeanour or personality to indicate he was a snake so I do feel it's a bit much to accuse the club of not having a plan.... it was literally three months ago when we regarded the appointment of Beale as a coup and the team seemed to be clicking into gear.
          I'd revert to the overhaul of the squad now and give Critchley at least until next Christmas to demonstrate his capabilities - I'm not sure trying to introduce "management consultant" nonsense to a football club is the way forward though.

Comment

Plan is develop young players and sell them for decent profits. Beale and Critchley both worked in premier league academies. They've coached / improved young players.

If we consistently sell players to Premier league two benefits.

1. Club sustainable, invest in future.
            2. Young players want to join us, see us as stepping stone to premier league.

IMO, if we do this, success will come.

Comment

Every transfer window, we all seem to have a wish list of a dynamic young striker who will bang in 25 goals a season!! Hasn't happened yet, due to lack of availability and lack of funds, and it certainly isn't going to happen this time round.
              play Armstrong for a good few games see if he can cut it, if he can't then so be it, but maybe, just maybe-----???

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                Every transfer window, we all seem to have a wish list of a dynamic young striker who will bang in 25 goals a season!! Hasn't happened yet, due to lack of availability and lack of funds, and it certainly isn't going to happen this time round.
                play Armstrong for a good few games see if he can cut it, if he can't then so be it, but maybe, just maybe-----???
                Agree with playing Armstrong, we have to find out if up to job soon.

Comment

If NC can revamp this club from top to bottom, I will gladly see him honouring his contract. I`m so tired of changes...
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    If NC can revamp this club from top to bottom, I will gladly see him honouring his contract. I`m so tired of changes...
                    Changes are the norm in football.

I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Working...
                    X