So far behind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So far behind

You really do have to admire Brentford and all they have done over the last 4/5 years , so far ahead of any plan or ideas our club has had , quite frightening really that they are so far in front already .

We got to the premiership ahead of them twice in recent times. But we messed it up as we know.

Only time will tell how they deal with relegation when that eventually happens.

You could make similar comparisons with other clubs who have been in the premership with shinny new stadiums. Look at Hull, Cardiff, Sunderland, Swansea, Reading and Bolton to name just a few.

The Brentford dream could impode for them just as quicky.

Comment

To be fair to Brentford they are going to struggle one Toney (if found guilty) but 250 plus offences ain’t getting a month ban he will do well to only get 1 season imo are going to struggle he’s good enough for any top half side and I’d have him over Kane. However the board at the bees had a business plan and executed it very well bought and sold continuously reinvested didn’t go mad new stadium. Personally I think they are set for a few seasons in the prem and could easily establish them as mid table comfy.

in reality as much as it hurts we’re miles behind them now

Comment

Southampton had a similar reputation for buying and selling well but their luck seems to be running out.

Brentford are miles ahead of us but the test will be how they deal with the siutation when the recruitment streak hits a bad patch.
        Last edited by SheepRanger; 30-12-2022, 11:28 PM.

Comment

I Have to agree, Brentford are miles ahead of us in terms of running a football club and that is in a ground thats smaller than ours.

There are serious questions im starting to ask about our club at the moment, im sick and tired of their excuses now.

My patience with the current board is running very thin indeed.

Comment

Brentford are miles ahead, at the moment.

Loads of teams are. It seems bad luck in our last appointment is causing threads like this.

Warbs was a good appointment and he did good things, it was time to go and Beale was an excellent replacement that was well on the way to taking us to the next level in a very short space of time.

I don't think many are convinved by this appointment but i feel thats down to the mans stature, voice and personality, if we are being honest. He's not inspirational at a time we and the dressing room all need inspirational.

The trajectory was good and the board have been doing the right things. I dont disagree with a single player sold, i do think we should be doing better in the transfer market and again, under MB i felt like we had been, our pre season was very good for recruitment, 2 more players away from a very very good squad.

The club is primed to pounce, its an on or off field appointment away from doing it.

Comment

I posted 3 or 4 years ago we were getting badly left behind by Fulham and Brentford. Usual suspects retorted with same old myopic nonsense that harped back a few decades to when we were contenders but fast forward to today and the gap has just got bigger on and off the pitch.
              The only thing with Bees is that as a Prem club they will no longer be able to pick up players from lower league for peanuts - teams are "on to them" as it were and will demand much bigger fees. Also their shiney new ground is miles too small for a successful top flight club and their gate receipts are more or less permanently capped at today's level.
              Dunno how we recover things..... A good start would be playing expansive attractive football that fans want to come and watch. I'd rather go to dentist than visit LR currently.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                I posted 3 or 4 years ago we were getting badly left behind by Fulham and Brentford. Usual suspects retorted with same old myopic nonsense that harped back a few decades to when we were contenders but fast forward to today and the gap has just got bigger on and off the pitch.
                The only thing with Bees is that as a Prem club they will no longer be able to pick up players from lower league for peanuts - teams are "on to them" as it were and will demand much bigger fees. Also their shiney new ground is miles too small for a successful top flight club and their gate receipts are more or less permanently capped at today's level.
                Dunno how we recover things..... A good start would be playing expansive attractive football that fans want to come and watch. I'd rather go to dentist than visit LR currently.
                You have a dentist ?

Comment

In a way, Brentford`s success sadly highlights how badly driven our club have been for years. In fact, historically I think we were badly driven even in the mid seventies. Please, QPR - at one point in time this simply has got to stop. Maybe 2023 will be the year where it all changes?
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Nothing much will change until that ffp fine clears up & will continue to struggle financially but the club is sound & being run sensible now, seventies was fine as far as I can remember, we had some knobs as chairman after Gregory though

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                      Nothing much will change until that ffp fine clears up & will continue to struggle financially but the club is sound & being run sensible now, seventies was fine as far as I can remember, we had some knobs as chairman after Gregory though
                      buck stops with the board though, we cant keep using FFP as an excuse.

recruitment has been poor and thats why surely the time is now for Les Ferdinand to step aside.

Comment

It comes from the Top, the model we seems, is to build up yougsters to sell on, this is is flawed when you introduce loan yougsters Like Tim Iroegbunam We have enough of our own to polish up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                          Goodard was sold by Gregory far too early. And for peanuts...
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

You mean Goddard Lol, Gregory was a good chairman & built this club up

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

Everyone make mistakes, however we never had another Jim Gregory since. I can't see us getting back to that old times. We had the chance and we blew it. My biggest disappointment then was Briatore not selling the club to the Mittals. It is very rare to watch a youngster from our youths coming through. Currently, only Kakay is an R's product. The likes of Eze, Willock, Chair were unpolished diamonds, but not our products.

Comment

Working...
                              X