Confusing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusing

Chalk this up to me being from the States, but when u read loads of stories about players under contract possibly leaving in January how can that be? That’s the club’s decision, not the player’s, right?

If as rumored Beale wants Dykes up north, that only happens if we let that happen.

We are losing money hand over fist but by the warped financial principles that apply in football we are doing okay-ish. This does mean that every player we have is available for sale if a decent offer comes in though. This doesnt mean we can slap a ludicrously high price tag on say, Dykes to ward off any circling vultures - Glasgow Rangers will know we are not awash with cash and will try and find our sweet spot on price and offer maybe a couple of £million plus add-ons. I would expect there to be speculation about several of our players.
    Unfortunately, much of the speculation can be started by the player or their agent in an effort to secure a better contract at a new club OR simply to nudge or force us to give them a payrise.
    This situation will persist until we are sufficiently solvent to tell other clubs "Eff off! He ain't for sale"! I can't see that ever happening whilst we languish in EFL though.

Comment

Also, if we don't let it happen, we get a disgruntled player. This will result in lesser effort and form. Strangely, however, some do say that scouts will have knowledge of the players previous form, and make an offer, but at a lower price than previously may have been the case.

Confusing?

or perverse?

Comment

I wouldn't be bothered at any player leaving, willocks form has gone down , maybe not putting in enough effort as he wants off. We can't afford our assets to let their contract's run down.
        Don't see us languishing in the EFL , we are not a premier League anymore and haven't been for years . We are 6th in the league and are one of maybe I2 teams that are challenging for play off places , I see that as a good thing and not languishing .
        Win at Cardiff and the season gets exciting again

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
          I wouldn't be bothered at any player leaving, willocks form has gone down , maybe not putting in enough effort as he wants off. We can't afford our assets to let their contract's run down.
          Don't see us languishing in the EFL , we are not a premier League anymore and haven't been for years . We are 6th in the league and are one of maybe I2 teams that are challenging for play off places , I see that as a good thing and not languishing .
          Win at Cardiff and the season gets exciting again
          We do have a 12 month option in Willock's contract, so I can see us exercising it in January.

Comment

Working...
          X