January Clear Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January Clear Out

With us needing a few players to challenge for a place in the first 11 aswell as improve the quality of our squad but also needing to move players on to allow this to happen, who goes out and why?

For me, I'd get rid of Bonne, Thomas, Masterson, Amos, Roberts and Owens. We are playing money to players who arent good enough or cant stay fit.

Roberts needs to be sent back as even when he's fit he's no better than chair or willock and paying a wage to Leeds to have him as a sub is madness. Amos is another that should be moved on. He just never impacts a game and he's come through a premier league academy, he should be taking a game by the scruff of its neck but he just trots around doing nothing. It's a shame as he has some talent but he's too lightweight and isn't able to stand up when the game is physical and scrappy when we need a leader.

Maybe he needs a fresh start somewhere else?

Richards needs to either play or not? Hes either fit to play or send him back to Brighton. Cant understand when we have a lad who is fit but not on the bench??

Surely training is meant to improve his fitness?

Any thoughts?

I would exclude Masterson as hes already out on loan and some/most of his wages will be getting covered.

i agree with Roberts and Richards.

They do say Jan us a difficult window and to make large turnover of players may be difficult. And we need a bench afterall.

Looking at how good Balogan has been id be tempted to sell Dickie and bring in another loan CB or even recall Masterson if playing reports are positive. Any money for Dickie could finance an additional CF.... that lad from Villa.

Cor some reason I think Bonne will run down his contract to be s free agent in the summer. I reckon hed refuse any loan deals unless something really good came up. Will L1 clubs have the finances now to sign him on a permi with their budgets alreadt set? They would need to move players on too.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo
      To say Amos never impacts a game is wrong IMO. He has had some (a few) good games but he's just not consistent enough. Having said that, he's not had a decent run in the side yet.

And if we're talking about players that don't impact a game and are too lightweight we may as well move Dozzell on too.
      Fair enough re Amos. Instead of never I should have said nowhere near enough. Aside from his run of goals and games in the run in last season then when has he showed he is the box to box player he is meant to be?

Dozzell needs a big season as he's not stepped up to this level yet and its make or break for him. 2 million on a player who still hasn't convinced is a big gamble when we are watching our budget..January can't come quick enough. Lol!!

Comment

I think the other issue with Amos is his appalling injury record, we can’t rely on him to be available for consecutive matches (he’ll be out again as pulled his hamstring yesterday)

The likes of West Brom and Brum outmuscled us, at times yesterday it looked like men against boys.

Given that all of our centre halves are fit (JCS will be back on tuesday) maybe we should start with 5 at the back and really utilise our wing backs given the fact that Stef and Amos are out and Dozzell is too lightweight in my opinion

In terms of the OP, I agree that we need to get rid of quite a few and if poss generate some cash selling Bonne and maybe even Dickie

Richards needs a run of games to be fair and Roberts has been a huge disappointment

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
          I would exclude Masterson as hes already out on loan and some/most of his wages will be getting covered.

i agree with Roberts and Richards.

They do say Jan us a difficult window and to make large turnover of players may be difficult. And we need a bench afterall.

Looking at how good Balogan has been id be tempted to sell Dickie and bring in another loan CB or even recall Masterson if playing reports are positive. Any money for Dickie could finance an additional CF.... that lad from Villa.

Cor some reason I think Bonne will run down his contract to be s free agent in the summer. I reckon hed refuse any loan deals unless something really good came up. Will L1 clubs have the finances now to sign him on a permi with their budgets alreadt set? They would need to move players on too.
          Not sure masterson is out on loan?? I'm sure he is in training videos all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

Not sure masterson is out on loan?? I'm sure he is in training videos all the time.
            You’re right, he got sent off playing for the B team the other day, he’s definitely still with us

Comment

To say Amos never impacts a game is wrong IMO. He has had some (a few) good games but he's just not consistent enough. Having said that, he's not had a decent run in the side yet.

And if we're talking about players that don't impact a game and are too lightweight we may as well move Dozzell on too.
              For me to Dozzell not up to championship level a poor player league 1at best, and we need to move some of these players on, need to get a striker badly,

Comment

I’d let Dozzell go not good enough
                thomas not good enough
                roberts can go back huge disappointment
                richards not seen enough to judge
                Dickie seems to be down the pecking order
                Albert hardly played
                shodipo time to go
                nico

trouble is there 8 names at least we could move on to recruit 8 in 4 weeks is tough 4 is hard enough

we are desperate for a midfield dirty bugger and a cf we’re way of the pace lately

Comment

This may bemuse a few, but I would move Chair on.

Yes, he is full of tricks, but overall he is very ineffectual.

Often he goes on pointless dribbles and either loses the ball or takes forever to pass the ball, his dead ball efforts are generally average at best.

Personally I’d take a couple of million and find a few new Chris Willock’s.

As said above, there at least 8 players nicking a living at Loftus Rd, some are not good enough, some are nearly always injured, I would get rid of them all. We need to replace them with 3 quality players , who can contend week in week out for a first team place.

2 strikers and a replacement full back would be my target.

All much harder said than done of course.
                  I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Agree, I'd add Bettache, Ody Alfa, Duke McKenna and Kelman.

Next summer, another big clearcut.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                      This may bemuse a few, but I would move Chair on.

Yes, he is full of tricks, but overall he is very ineffectual.

Often he goes on pointless dribbles and either loses the ball or takes forever to pass the ball, his dead ball efforts are generally average at best.

Personally I’d take a couple of million and find a few new Chris Willock’s.

As said above, there at least 8 players nicking a living at Loftus Rd, some are not good enough, some are nearly always injured, I would get rid of them all. We need to replace them with 3 quality players , who can contend week in week out for a first team place.

2 strikers and a replacement full back would be my target.

All much harder said than done of course.
                      I’d agree on chair as good as he is he ain’t as good as willock he can’t be outstanding game after game but he too often picks the wrong option to frequently can’t see villa going after him maybe a Burnley or bottom 8 prem at best side. I would be happy with Dembele at Bournemouth as a replacement for 500k quick and more of a forward

Comment

Chair may not be "as good as Willock" but he's one of our best players and we'd still be much worse off without him IMO. I really don't understand some of these comments but I guess we all have our opinions.
                        We’re a far stronger side with both chair and willock Imo we need a cf badly and if had to lose 1 to fund I’d pick chair however I’d much rather we cleared out deadwood for a cf to be funded

Comment

A loan voice seemingly but I would keep Roberts. We desperately need bodies up front and he can play both as out and out CF and more in Willock/Chair role. He does have his downsides but that is why he has ended up on loan with us as opposed to being snapped up for £100m by Barcelona.

He does flatter to deceive but can run with the ball and is direct. He ranges from looking useful to being pretty ineffectual but we have next to nothing to spend. I struggle to see us realistically getting anyone much better on either loan or on free transfer/low fee.

Comment

Would have to disagree with you re Roberts. Haven't seen anything from him that warrants why Leeds would want us to give them 4 million at the end of the season. He's got a poor injury record and that's not what you need in the championship. He goes missing a bit when it's a physical game and falls over a lot for a lad who is a decent size. Plus he doesn't score goals.

He seems to have a bit of an ego too. Vibes of Andre Gray about him minus the goals which is why we overlooked gray's lack of workrate. We need a centre forward who can take the load off dykes and Roberts isn't a centre forward so I'd rather send him back and find someone who is.

Comment

I think the loan of Tyler Roberts should be reassessed, I dont think he has been that great for us and I dont think it warrants us paying for him.

I dont think we need too much strengthening to be honest, more likely we will see a few outgoings to fund one or two incomings.

Comment

Working...
                              X