Best QPR pub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best QPR pub

Something that's never been asked on here to my knowledge. I'm a bit hit and miss when it comes to going for a couple of pints before the match. Depends how early I get down to hq. Usually go to the coningham. It's basic to say the least but always busy and seems a popular spot.

Where else does everyone go and which one could be regarded as THE qpr pub for pre match beers??

Bush Ranger that was......
    A sad day that got converted into a, coffee shop i think?

Comment

The crown and sceptre was the 1st battle I ever got served in . I was 15/16 felt such a chap

Comment

I remember my dad saying that general smuts was on Bloemfontein Road. Its now at Turkish?? Restaurant? Might be wrong but its a restaurant I'm fairly sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
          I remember my dad saying that general smuts was on Bloemfontein Road. Its now at Turkish?? Restaurant? Might be wrong but its a restaurant I'm fairly sure.
          You are correct....That was a mean pub back in it's day. You had to be a regular to get through them doors.

Comment

The Smuts was well rough , hadn't been decorated in decades

Comment

Too many boozers bitten the dust or gone pontzy round Rangers.
              Used to be really spoilt for choice years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                used the smuts right up to when they shut it down, proper lads pub.
                its called the egyptian house now, a cafe.

use the askew now, live just across the road.
                the vic is a bit up market......but happy hour midweek, buy one get one free.
                conningham is a good local boozer.
                white horse, get in by 12 on a saturday, otherwise the bouncers dont like too many in.
                the richmond is comfortable, plenty of room and easy to get served......plenty of screens.
                the wishing well in east acton is a bit of a trot, think its called the merton arms now.
                crown and sceptre, solid by 1.30 on saturdays....6'30 midweek.
                still love my old local though the pav, when we have meet up with old pals.

not too fussed on the rest.....especially the springbok.

Comment

Originally posted by wormholt View Post

used the smuts right up to when they shut it down, proper lads pub.
                  its called the egyptian house now, a cafe.

use the askew now, live just across the road.
                  the vic is a bit up market......but happy hour midweek, buy one get one free.
                  conningham is a good local boozer.
                  white horse, get in by 12 on a saturday, otherwise the bouncers dont like too many in.
                  the richmond is comfortable, plenty of room and easy to get served......plenty of screens.
                  the wishing well in east acton is a bit of a trot, think its called the merton arms now.
                  crown and sceptre, solid by 1.30 on saturdays....6'30 midweek.
                  still love my old local though the pav, when we have meet up with old pals.

not too fussed on the rest.....especially the springbok.
                  Does my old teacher Frank Stevens still get in the askew ?

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post

Does my old teacher Frank Stevens still get in the askew ?
                    think he uses the orchard now.

Comment

Good to know he's still about

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                        Good to know he's still about
                        Frank stevens snr or junior ?

Comment

I know it gets a bad rub nowadays, but I still go into the Springbok, for a couple before the game, it's part of my personal history with the club, , just brings back so many memories of youth and being full of life,

Comment

Always went to the springbok up until a few years ago but not anymore. It's an absolute tip. They haven't spent a penny on it. You would never know its a qpr pub. Nothing in there that makes you want to go in and have a pint. Opposition fans must laugh at it when they see what the pub next to the ground offers it's own fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

Frank stevens snr or junior ?
                              Senior don't know his boy

Comment

Working...
                              X