X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• local info for those coming to Ashton Gate,from a Bristol City follower

Please buy your tickets in advance as there will be
    NO PAY ON THE DAY and this will NOT be changed
    A shame that a very few trains will be running,you could have helped us push up the footfall at Parson street.
    It seems that you will be able to get to Bristol,BUT there will be no return trains.
    Split tickets are available and also group save is available
    Suggest you make a weekend of it and stay Saturday night in Bristol
    If there are at least three of you arriving by train get a taxi
    Make sure the taxi driver drops you in the Ashton Road end as it a very long walk round from the other end

Coming by road.
    Do NOT USE M4/M32 route and don't try to negotiate the roads and streets of Bristol
    YOU WILL GET LOST
    If you are coming by road use M4/M5 southbound to junction 18(Avonmouth) then follow signs A4 Bristol airport
    It looks the long way round but its quicker.
    Parking is normally in the streets around the area as long as you are there by 10:30am please don't block drive ways.
    There are loads of road construction works going on,I predict chaos around the ground area after the game
    Sainsburys is near by

Casualty and Holby City were filmed in the City don't ask me about either of the programmes cos I think their both rubbish
    The young ones was also filmed in the BS7 area of the City(actually its Bishopston)
    Finally the block of flats on the left behind the dolman stand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"
    Bring your camera and turn up early if you want to take any photo's
    Pubs possibly best one are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house and the cottage.
    PROGRAMMES PROGRAMMES PROGRAMMES no programmes are printed
    but are available on line FREE OF CHARGE from approx thursday evening
    If you would like a hard paper copy of the programme
    Let me know
    BBC Radio station is radio Bristol which has frequencies and 94:9 and DAB (and 95:5 up till 3pm),
    and the match commentary it will be on BBC radio Bristol DAB.
    Pubs: best ones are along the Cumberland Roads area,suggest park your car and then walk to the ground.
    Please circulate to any other football forums and footy fans you may deem fit
    If you need any further info,don't be afraid to ask

Gonna give this a miss as parking a nightmare , I only got out last time by pure luck as sat nav taking me in circles .

Comment

Best way to get to the game is to park in the city centre, and then take the river taxi. It stops at all the riverside pubs, and are along very frequently, so you can get off at every pub for a pint and then catch the next boat to the next pub.
      There is a stop by the park where you can walk through to Ashton gate, if you can still walk that is.

Comment

Brilliant Advice, thanks.
        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Good plan. We're going to stay overnight in Bristol on Saturday so will walk down from the centre to the ground. Boat route sounds like a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post
            Best way to get to the game is to park in the city centre, and then take the river taxi. It stops at all the riverside pubs, and are along very frequently, so you can get off at every pub for a pint and then catch the next boat to the next pub.
            There is a stop by the park where you can walk through to Ashton gate, if you can still walk that is.
            Make sure u stay on the soft drinks if ya driving ..

Comment

Working...
            X