Elijah Dixon-Bonner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elijah Dixon-Bonner

The Liverpool manager had been impressed with the midfielder’s displays during training – calling him ‘incredible’ last October

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2022/0...ing-liverpool/

Released in the summer and still without a club?

Something strange with this one unless im missing something? For such a huge prospect you'd think he'd have been snapped up. Also, MB has worked with him before but he's still with us on trial?

Comment

Hopefully he’s not one of the current crop ie dele Ali I’ve made it and paid £10k a week at 17

something don’t add up that klopp he’s incredibly talented etc to sod off and find a new club. MB knows him so let him decide if he’s for us

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
        Hopefully he’s not one of the current crop ie dele Ali I’ve made it and paid £10k a week at 17

something don’t add up that klopp he’s incredibly talented etc to sod off and find a new club. MB knows him so let him decide if he’s for us
        Yeah, there must either be injury or attitude concerns.

Comment

22 in January, hardly played any 1st team games. That's more concerning to me.

Comment

In three seasons hes made 8 appearances in the liverpool academy and 2 in the first team probably in minor cup games. No loans to any EFL clubs.

Im sure we'll sign him, send him out on loan to gain experience and eventually release him due to a lack of experience.

Why do these lads stay with these big clubs so long?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
              In three seasons hes made 8 appearances in the liverpool academy and 2 in the first team probably in minor cup games. No loans to any EFL clubs.

Im sure we'll sign him, send him out on loan to gain experience and eventually release him due to a lack of experience.

Why do these lads stay with these big clubs so long?
              Totally agree. Surely he's training with 1st team. Little point joining our development squad when almost 22.

Comment

We need to trust MB on the recruitment of youth. Me n you ain't gotta clue.

He just maybe incredible !!

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                  We need to trust MB on the recruitment of youth. Me n you ain't gotta clue.

He just maybe incredible !!
                  Yes, we have to trust MB.

But my concerns is the guy isnt a 'youth' because he's 22 in Jan. The guy will probably be 24 by the time he's ready for the first team so it looks a long term investment in football terms, if it comes off. There's a lot of football needed to build on his current 10 game career.

Comment

There's always late comers in football. It's a gamble, no doubt. However, you will never know. Been said that Liverpool kept him for 3 years. They must have seen some potential.

Comment

Twitter says deal close. Don´t know is this source reliable or not

Pete O'Rourke
                      @SportsPeteO
                      ·
                      43min
                      Former Liverpool midfielder Elijah Dixon-Bonner is in advanced talks to join Queens Park Rangers on a free transfer. #QPR #LFC

Comment

There are late developers in the game, but I agree 22 is not a youth team ' prospect ', top players are almost first team regulars by this age, I think it's a 50/50 gamble on this one, could go either way, agreed it's about trusting MB on this one, and if he doesn't work out, hope the financial hit to the club is minimal

Comment

So apparently he is signed to the end of the season: https://twitter.com/SportsPeteO/stat...01160726384640
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

Talks should be pretty simple. This is what we'll pay you, 1 year deal with club option to extend if it works out. Time for him to prove he can play.

Honestly, I'm expecting press release saying "Elijah Dixon-Bonner has signed to end of season and will join our development squad". Development Squad means Mick Beale doesn't think up to it.

Hopefully, I'll be proved wrong and not for first time.

Comment

You just never know, he might get one chance and shock the footballing world!

Comment

Working...
                              X