Bonne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonne

We only have three recognised strikers. Dykes always starts, while Armstrong always enter for the last ten minutes or so. Between them, in eight games, they managed one goal. Yet, no sight of Bonne, especially during the last few games. Pre-season, he was very good, scoring goals and getting into good positions. I know he is in his last year but he is still our player, we are still paying him ... so what is keeping MB from given him a chance like the other two? The worst may be that he emulate Dykes and not score goals, which is what they are paid to do. Give him a chance, nothing to lose.

It’s a fair point I’m not the biggest dykes fan but he gives everything yep he has missed some sitters and to be fair Bonne I feel would of finished at least one of dykes chances.

I get the feeling MB sees dykes as a foil similar to heskey for Owen to release willock and chair. There’s aspects of dykes game that should be better however he was cheap not 10-15m

As for Bonne realistic hes 3rd choice

Comment

But even third choice should be given a chance if first choice is misfiring. It may also help Dykes to fire him up.

Comment

I'd play him, has a decent attitude imo, wants to play , and hopefully would give it his all to earn a contract somewhere and prove a point

Comment

Terminate his contract.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
            Terminate his contract.
            What would be the point of that, we would have to pay up in full, leaving us with even less choice upfront.

Comment

The problem is we're now talking about Bonne because we know if dykes is injured we are finished. The fact we didn't correct this dire situation for a huge need for a striker during the transfer window is nothing short of scandalous. I had a feeling we would be a mid table side. Without Willock relegation threatened
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I'm surprised he's not been given more game time, I understand the role Dykes plays within the team, but surely Bonne could've come on yesterday at half time when we looked so off the pace.

Comment

Bonne is not third choice but fourth choice. Roberts is also ahead of him. I find it reasonable we have only two strikers on the bench when we normally play with only one up top.

If we also put Bonne on the bench, who would you leave out? A defender or a midfielder? That would leave us thread bare in those departements.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post

What would be the point of that, we would have to pay up in full, leaving us with even less choice upfront.
                    I just hope he wants play. Assume he wants a contract elsewhere that is.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

My impression is that Bonne would rather be elsewhere. If this is true, I support Beale in dropping Bonne down the pecking order in favour of players that are fully committed to the club - this doesn't mean there's no way back for Bonne, it just means he has to wait his chance. If Dykes' loss of confidence/form continues and/or we pick-up injuries (Roberts already has the whiff of embrocation about him doesn't he!?) Bonne could be the main-man within a couple of games.

Comment

He can't be any worse than dykes . Maybe he has a bad attitude who knows . He should be knocking on Beales door everyday demanding a start .

Comment

One goal in seven starts for Dykes is not impressive. I assume if Bonne is giving seven starts he will score much more than a solitary goal. Ok I am assuming, however some chances Dykes squandered are unbelievable. Should be rested for while and see how he reacts.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                            My impression is that Bonne would rather be elsewhere. If this is true, I support Beale in dropping Bonne down the pecking order in favour of players that are fully committed to the club - this doesn't mean there's no way back for Bonne, it just means he has to wait his chance. If Dykes' loss of confidence/form continues and/or we pick-up injuries (Roberts already has the whiff of embrocation about him doesn't he!?) Bonne could be the main-man within a couple of games.
                            If I was constantly left out of the team I think I'd be looking to go elsewhere as well.

Comment

Dykes should have three goals minimum. Missed two sitters.

Bonne, can only assume isn't performing in training.

Armstrong, stick with current 10-20 minutes per game. Once he scores , then consider starting.

Comment

Working...
                              X