World Cup To Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup To Help?

I picked up something in Micks interview yesterday and he said we'll get better the more we learn how he and his staff want us to play. I think that's pretty obvious when a new coach comes in.

So, as the thread title says, can the World Cup actually help us? I think so. We have 4 weeks between games during the pause for the World Cup, so a lot of time for Mick to work the players.

As far as I'm aware we only potentially have Seny, Chair and Roberts going as I doubt Albert and Thomas will make the final squads, so it'll be a fantastic opportunity to put the work in and should make us stronger for the second half of the season.

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
    I picked up something in Micks interview yesterday and he said we'll get better the more we learn how he and his staff want us to play. I think that's pretty obvious when a new coach comes in.

So, as the thread title says, can the World Cup actually help us? I think so. We have 4 weeks between games during the pause for the World Cup, so a lot of time for Mick to work the players.

As far as I'm aware we only potentially have Seny, Chair and Roberts going as I doubt Albert and Thomas will make the final squads, so it'll be a fantastic opportunity to put the work in and should make us stronger for the second half of the season.
    You have a good point, but what benefits us, benefits all the other teams as well, so my thinking is that as great as it will be for MB to work with the team etc, it will probably equalise itself out in the long run

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post

You have a good point, but what benefits us, benefits all the other teams as well, so my thinking is that as great as it will be for MB to work with the team etc, it will probably equalise itself out in the long run
      I agree to an extent Kev, but surely teams with a new coach will benefit the most? For instance, yesterday was the first game we managed to keep a high defensive line, that has taken 6 games even though Mick has been telling them to do it from day one.

We're towards the bottom of the pile in terms of time that our coach has had with our players. The change of style, formation, patterns of play etc all take time and 4 weeks will be great for us compared to someone like Bristol City, Millwall, Luton etc who are already well drilled on what their coach wants.

Comment

Any time with the player away from games will help. After yesterday Dickie still needs some work. He went to ground so easily for their second!

Comment

we'll probably give everybody 3 weeks off

Comment

I get what the OP is getting at . It will give us time to catch up
            Loved the way laird and Paal both had a hand in willock and king Albert's goals

Comment

The main teams to benefit will be teams with aging squads. No need to rest them yet and they will come back fully refreshed.

Comment

The Championship is only on a break until after the group stages end, so its probably a two week break than four weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
                  The Championship is only on a break until after the group stages end, so its probably a two week break than four weeks.
                  Have you not checked the fixtures Conor

We play at Cov 12th November and our next game is Burnley at home 10th December.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

Have you not checked the fixtures Conor

We play at Cov 12th November and our next game is Burnley at home 10th December.
                    I'm assuming any clubs with players still needed for WC final week (WC Final is Dec 18th) will be allowed to postpone their fixtures scheduled for 10th? Obviously not likely to be an issue for us and Burnley though or indeed any EFL clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

I'm assuming any clubs with players still needed for WC final week (WC Final is Dec 18th) will be allowed to postpone their fixtures scheduled for 10th? Obviously not likely to be an issue for us and Burnley though or indeed any EFL clubs.
                      Not sure on that one mate.

I remember back in the day you had to have 3 players away on International duty to request a game to be postponed. I'm not sure if that's still the case but I'd guess we resume back on the 10th regardless.

Comment

Working...
                      X