If’s, buts and maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If’s, buts and maybe

I know it sound madness to some, but after the 2 home games I have watched this week, Rangers should be top of the table, only appalling finishing missing 7 easy chances over 2 games leaves us in 16th or wherever,

that is without the normal shots etc that are not clear cut.
    Beale and the fans have a right to be pissed off at the players pathetic attempts at scoring.

It just shows the fine line in football between success and failure.

It really is.

For me it's important that the chances are there, it means that if the right person gets on the end we are winning these games.

The question is what to do about it now.

To be pragmatic there are two solutions.

1. Work with what we have and there are two ways to do that, A and B
    2. Bring someone else in

A. Dykes needs a partner and Sinclair needs experience. I feel we can lose SJ in midfield, i don't think a single could disagree with dropping him. If Amos returns we have a strong enough midfield to do this, without losing Willock or one of Richards, Chair or Roberts when back. Or try Bonne and Sinclair.

This gives us a chance to see if Dykes can come good with a strike partner as he did last year, or he just needs to move on. It also brings Sinclair on, who we all agree is the looking like a star in the making. This to me is best long term solution to try.

B. We press on with a one striker and support from our attacking midfielders. We should drop Dykes because it isn't working as is, and try Sinclair, or even Bonne. This is risky for Sinclair. But it's a viable option and if it works we are in a good position longer term.

2. Bring someone in, but who? we can't afford quality, so it's a loan. We are too early in the season to be talking about relegation so it's not like a loan is going to save us. A loan that does well for us just pushes the can further down the road.

The only way option 2 works for me is if it is someone purely focused on bringing Sinclair on, and gets afew goals along the way.

Comment

Playing 1 upfront in 2 homes games against very average sides tells me enough about Beale. He should be knocking down the owners door to get funds for a striker. Putting all our eggs on a 19year raw talent is inexcusable. We do love to make excuses. Football is about scoring goals, this sideways football will continue to hinder us going forward
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

People get on Dykes back Chair and Armstrong probably had easier chances but nobody is berating them, Dykes needs to play with someone up top with him, but MB doesn't seem to see that, as with his substitution yesterday.

Comment

Why we don’t play 2 up front at home is beyond me.

When Dykes was banging them in for Scotland a year ago did they play 1 or 2 up front?
          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

When everyone is fit we need to try and accommodate Chair, Willock and Roberts. MB has described Roberts as a number 9 type so in theory could play off Dykes or Armstrong. Those options in theory should create chances for fun against most sides in this division.

I see the main problems as a combination of teething problems, threadbare squad once we have an injury or two and the lethargic way we seem to play. I'd love to see a nasty barsteward in central midfield barking out orders and driving the team on, probably in place of Stef. In an ideal world we would get a Prem striker loan who could score for fun in this division but can't see it. Doubt we have money for that kind of players and already have Roberts as our higher end Prem loan for this season. Maybe get another experienced striker who won't get games in Prem, think Wells type. Again though that will cost a lot in wages. May have to make do.

Get the feeling we are in transition mode having gambled on some high earners last season who simply didn't work out.

Comment

Dykes had around six chances to score last two games. Couple of them relatively easy. He has to start putting them away. I'm happy with 4-2-3-1 formation. Willock, Roberts and Chair got up in support of Dykes.

Disappointed Armstrong didn't take chance. Patience, early days for him.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                When everyone is fit we need to try and accommodate Chair, Willock and Roberts. MB has described Roberts as a number 9 type so in theory could play off Dykes or Armstrong. Those options in theory should create chances for fun against most sides in this division.

I see the main problems as a combination of teething problems, threadbare squad once we have an injury or two and the lethargic way we seem to play. I'd love to see a nasty barsteward in central midfield barking out orders and driving the team on, probably in place of Stef. In an ideal world we would get a Prem striker loan who could score for fun in this division but can't see it. Doubt we have money for that kind of players and already have Roberts as our higher end Prem loan for this season. Maybe get another experienced striker who won't get games in Prem, think Wells type. Again though that will cost a lot in wages. May have to make do.

Get the feeling we are in transition mode having gambled on some high earners last season who simply didn't work out.
                Agreed, after last years hype, it's back to reality time.

Comment

Watford up next that should really tell us where we are as a team . Today a saw a battling Leeds run Chelsea's multi millionaire's into the ground . Do we have the same spirit. On paper Chelsea beat Leeds as Watford beat us .

Comment

This is a tough competitive division and as I have said before we need to seek to play two upfront at home. Blackpool ( took 4 points off Fulham) and Rotherham are gritty but we have to go all out against these. Before the game I thought we shall go one down again and scrape a draw and people will be on here saying I 'll take( sic) the draw- as if they/we had any choice- because at least we did not lose!
                    I can remember during Houston's reign a succession of home draws when he was on the air saying he would 'take' the draw in games we needed to win because of our poor away form.
                    So maths question- where do home draws against weaker teams and regular away defeats lead to in relegation terms?

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      Playing 1 upfront in 2 homes games against very average sides tells me enough about Beale. He should be knocking down the owners door to get funds for a striker. Putting all our eggs on a 19year raw talent is inexcusable. We do love to make excuses. Football is about scoring goals, this sideways football will continue to hinder us going forward
                      But what about all our injuries and the need for being patient with our new signings? Let`s not judge him too early, shall we? Just a thought.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        You Already Said Gaffer was Gonna Fail before we Kicked a Ball.

Comment

I notice that Man Utd kick started their season last night against Liverpool by completely abandoning "playing out from the back". DeGea booted everything long - not a single occasion of rolling it out to a defender. Sky briefly shoved some stats about it on the screen that showed it was about 50/50 if these kicks reached one of his own players or not.

But, the kicks that ended up with LFC players didn't cause any problems..... mostly possession was turned back over within seconds. The key thing was the ball was always much nearer the LFC goal than the MUFC goal afterwards.

By contrast, LFC got themselves in a right mess several times by never kicking it long and always just trying to build from the back. MUFC hustled and harried them and I can't recall a single instance of LFC building anything remotely looking like an attack from Alison's short ball distribution.

It does make me wonder why teams/players at our level who aren't so technically gifted persist with this knocking it about at the back trying to build some sort of 25-pass move up the field. I would like to see a reversion to the methodology that worked fine for a century......... keeper wellies it upfield and our bustling number 9 crunches a few defenders in the ensuing mayhem and Chair/Willock latch onto the ball that's bouncing around in their area. Sounds far better than watching Jimmy Dunne doing a Bambi on ice impression in OUR penalty area cos Dieng just rolled the ball to him.

Comment

Just mix it up go long then short , were not good enough to pass it from defence to the goal

Comment

''Av it......"

Comment

Working...
                              X