Mistakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistakes

A club rise and fall by the decisions they make. No team is special, every team wants to win games and trophies, however, it is the people in administration that are the difference between success and failures. Few examples in my humble opinion when the R's took the wrong decisions.

Seventies. Fighting relegation, needed a striker and not utilised Clive Allen. We ended relegated.
    First season in Div 2, Allen and Goddard score 50 goals between them and both sold end of season.
    Nineties, Gallen coming through, still very young. End of season, Ferdinand is sold and Gallen struggle on his own. Same year, we bought Hateley and he only deputised in December! We were relegated.
    2011. We win promotion back to the Premier. We needed to sign Routlage, replace Walker and add some good additions. None happened until a week before the season started and it was panicky moves.
    That same year, Warnick was sacked too early and replaced by Hughes. The rest is history.
    I am sure there are many more mistakes that can be mentioned. Is is just a start.

The director’s of the club selling the 39 houses in Ellerslie Rd that the club owned.

Not clinging on at the White City stadium.

I stand to be corrected on this one, Chris Wright not buying the land behind the School End when the school was demolished, I believe the council gave us first dibs

Imagine the stadium Loftus Rd could have become.

Selling Rodney Marsh, Paul Goddard, Clive Allen, Phil Parkes…..et all.

letting the 75/76 team break up so quickly, although many of them were at the end of careers.

Not so much a mistake and it is even before Jeff started supporting the club, in 1908, we withdrew our application to join the league, Tottenham Hotspurs won the vote, allegedly bribing Stoke City to withdraw, the rest they say is history.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

The mistakes I have no clue on most. Re-houses and school, well, what else can you say? No wonder the club always struggle. It's the administration that makes a club and unluckily, not always they took the right decisions.

Comment

I phoned the box office on Tuesday at 1200, and I was told I was 6th in the queue, at 1301 after being bored shitless by Chair and Albert, I was 1st, at 1302, at this point the system tried to get me through, at 13.03 I was cut off.

So, the box office only served 5 people on the phone in one hour, the attendance for the Blackpool game was only 12,500.

Also, the club does not sell tickets beyond Sky TV schedule, what madness, they should sell tickets for every home game for the whole season, if when we are picked to appear on Sky and some supporters cannot go, simply give them their money back.
        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
          I phoned the box office on Tuesday at 1200, and I was told I was 6th in the queue, at 1301 after being bored shitless by Chair and Albert, I was 1st, at 1302, at this point the system tried to get me through, at 13.03 I was cut off.

So, the box office only served 5 people on the phone in one hour, the attendance for the Blackpool game was only 12,500.

Also, the club does not sell tickets beyond Sky TV schedule, what madness, they should sell tickets for every home game for the whole season, if when we are picked to appear on Sky and some supporters cannot go, simply give them their money back.
          Don't get me started about the BO , last two times we've played Leeds I've had their fans sat next to me , behind me and in front of me . Nearly got into a fight last time. Asked them how they got the tickets and was told they walked in off the street and bought them at the BO . The staff especially Gavin are very helpful if u can get through but that's hit and miss , I've sat on phone for 40/50 only to be cut off

Comment

This would be helpful for the Club to understand and fix.

Agree they should put individual tix on sale for the whole season. Am in the States and want to plan to take in two games in either February or April. The current system doesn't allow for that re advance ticket purchase, even for people like me who are QPR bondholders.

Comment

Working...
            X