Ethan Laird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethan Laird

We could do the same for this lad as we did for Kyle Walker as soon as I saw Walker play I said “That is the next England right back”

Walker was a cut above for sure. I thought the same when i saw Gareth Bale play wing back for southampton against us. They both stood out.

Comment

Walker was unreal. I also said he'd play for England while he was on loan here. We had some good players to watch back then. We've got a few good ones now though tbf.

Comment

Walker was great for us always liked him since

Comment

I can still remember Walker playing at right back in a night game at Loftus Rd, god he was quick.
          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
            Walker was a cut above for sure. I thought the same when i saw Gareth Bale play wing back for southampton against us. They both stood out.
            I remember that game, Theo Walcott played for Southampton in match. Papers were full of rumours about Arsenal signing him. Came out thinking, didn't think much of Walcott but who was kid playing left back.

Comment

Walker and Townsend were great. Trying not to think about some of the rest we had playing for us then!

No idea about Laird. Has had some loans, Manure fans seem to rate him to a degree. This is a good loan for him to see if he can push on and develop and good for us as we need bodies and particularly for full back positions. Feel little sorry for Kakay as he has done ok so far this season but that's football. May the best player win!

Comment

I'd much rather a left back but any help back there would be good.

Key to the strikers is crossing, if the lad can swing a ball in then happy days

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

I remember that game, Theo Walcott played for Southampton in match. Papers were full of rumours about Arsenal signing him. Came out thinking, didn't think much of Walcott but who was kid playing left back.
                  My thoughts exactly. It was obvious he would move on to bigger things than Southampton. He had a great career but even though his legs have gone he's still playing professionally.

Comment

Working...
                  X