No defense could stop them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No defense could stop them

Imagine an attacking front five of Willock, Roberts, Chair, Dykes and Sinclair.

Further imagine they gel together by January, aided by the speed of Paal and Laird on the wings.

THAT = not just exciting football, but winning football.

Then you have a Goalie, 3 defenders and no midfield? That = Losing heavily football.

Comment

I didn’t realise ossie ardiles had returned to management

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
        Then you have a Goalie, 3 defenders and no midfield? That = Losing heavily football.
        Was just trying to make the point we potentially have real weapons up front, backed by two solid wing backs, a tough back three, and a goal scoring goalie.

This is why I'm probably leaving this blog.

Let no optimism go unpunished.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post

Further imagine they gel together by January, aided by the speed of Paal and Laird on the wings.

Do you mean as a squad? Can't have them all playing unless chasing a game late on.

Comment

You missed out......Seny !!

Comment

And we play rush goalie, who's always a threat in the air, so front 6 with Seny

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

And we play rush goalie, who's always a threat in the air, so front 6 with Seny
                I haven’t heard anyone say rush goalie in a very very long time, I can barely remember what it means, but, it takes me back to Ravenscourt Park as as a teenager in the seventies.

Oh, and a little message from the spell check police to the OP, defence is spelled with a c not an s, thank you.
                I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                  that’s only 9 players so yeah you would lose

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal View Post

that’s only 9 players so yeah you would lose
                    Whoops missed the 2 defenders, I should learn to read or rather count ……….. of both.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

I haven’t heard anyone say rush goalie in a very very long time, I can barely remember what it means, but, it takes me back to Ravenscourt Park as as a teenager in the seventies.

Oh, and a little message from the spell check police to the OP, defence is spelled with a c not an s, thank you.
                      I can't remember either

Comment

Basically your goalie gets to play outfield as well as in goal.

Rush back into goal when an attack breaks down
                        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                        Work Best When Open...
                        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

Basically your goalie gets to play outfield as well as in goal.

Rush back into goal when an attack breaks down
                          Jumpers for goal posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Jumpers for goal posts.
                            You bet, Ravenscourt Park straight after the Big Match every Sunday, park keeper kicked us out when it got dark.
                            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

You bet, Ravenscourt Park straight after the Big Match every Sunday, park keeper kicked us out when it got dark.
                              I forgot about about the old 'Parkys' from back in the day.
                              Our local park keeper back then was like Mr. Mackay from Porridge.
                              You would of thought he was defending the crown jewels the way he would run around flapping his arms.
                              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                              X