Come on the board, owners etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on the board, owners etc.

Back our manager to at least give him a chance to succeed .
    We desperately need a left back because Hamalainan has proved for the last 5 or 6 years that he is'nt good enough . Get a prem loan
    We need a right back because although he gives plenty of effort , Kakay is not good enough as a starter. Why not offer Millwall some where near what they want ?
    We need a box to box midfielder to give our midfield a bit of energy like the younster at Villa Iroegbun or whatever his name is.
    We need a striker desperately and hopefully can get a decent Prem younster on loan , either Archer from Villa or Delap from Man city , if not we should try and get Wells back , he could'nt do any worse than what we've got , or maybe Grabban from Forest , or Davis from Villa . Gayle who's gone to Stoke would have been a good option.
    I am sure that most of those mentioned above wouldnt take too much out of our budget but am almost certain Willock will be sold if not this summer , definately in the January window so what the #### is holding you back.

I have a message to our board and owners: Please do not put us in a Derby, Bolton or Bury situation, with another breach of FFP or whatever it is called these days. Be disciplined and don't risk the future of the club for some short termish ideas.

The signing of Beale is supported by almost all supporters as it signals focus on development of own players as the road for long term success. It is the only option for a club like QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post
      Back our manager to at least give him a chance to succeed .
      We desperately need a left back because Hamalainan has proved for the last 5 or 6 years that he is'nt good enough . Get a prem loan
      We need a right back because although he gives plenty of effort , Kakay is not good enough as a starter. Why not offer Millwall some where near what they want ?
      We need a box to box midfielder to give our midfield a bit of energy like the younster at Villa Iroegbun or whatever his name is.
      We need a striker desperately and hopefully can get a decent Prem younster on loan , either Archer from Villa or Delap from Man city , if not we should try and get Wells back , he could'nt do any worse than what we've got , or maybe Grabban from Forest , or Davis from Villa . Gayle who's gone to Stoke would have been a good option.
      I am sure that most of those mentioned above wouldnt take too much out of our budget but am almost certain Willock will be sold if not this summer , definately in the January window so what the #### is holding you back.
      I’ll tell you what Harrow, win the Euromillions & give the club most of it, that’s the only way at present we can buy players or sell

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
        I have a message to our board and owners: Please do not put us in a Derby, Bolton or Bury situation, with another breach of FFP or whatever it is called these days. Be disciplined and don't risk the future of the club for some short termish ideas.

The signing of Beale is supported by almost all supporters as it signals focus on development of own players as the road for long term success. It is the only option for a club like QPR.
        I agree we need to develop players but most of our youngsters just are'nt good enough.
        Hamalainen has been poor for about 6 years now , Kakay tries hard but not good enough to be a starter , Bettache could'nt get in Oldhams side most of the time he was their last season, Thomas is a poor player , Dozzell , good technically but not much effort or end product.
        Gubbins was on loan at a non league team along with a few other younsters. It seems at the moment the only youngster with any promise is Armstrong.
        I'm not asking them to run up a massive debt , what i'm saying is , Willock will almost certainly go sometime this season so we can surely invest in a few players to give Beale a chance to be competetive near the top 6 positions.
        Also where has all the money gone from the sale of Eze?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

I’ll tell you what Harrow, win the Euromillions & give the club most of it, that’s the only way at present we can buy players or sell
          I would love to win the Euro millions and i would definately buy a player for us if i did.
          Or maybe i could just extend Hamalainens contract.

Comment

He's right though, we really do need at least 3 of those. Not about competing for promotion, just competing.

Quite happy for us to be bringing on youth, but there isn't much on the fringe it seems.

We'll only attract talent if we are seen to be bringing on talent, and relatively successful with it.

For now we need to hit up the loan market. I'd settle for a left back and striker if Armstrong isn't going to be nudged in. Right back i feel can be handled but there's no back up for Kakay. He might come good under MB. Midfield is just a matter of keeping Amos and Field fit, there is no back up there unless Dozzel steps up though. But yeah it's upfront, don;t see where our goals will come from if Willock, who isn't even a striker is not on the pitch.

Board / Les have to make a push for something, especially when MB is starting to get vocal 2 games in.

Comment

"Short termish ideas"?
              The op is suggesting 3 players. 3 loans possibly.
              No one is suggesting Trent Alexander Arnold, Harry Kane etc.
              We need more players to stand still, to stay in the division.
              The strategy of developing our own has two very huge flaws.
              1. We don't have the players to come through, and quite possibly the staff at a good enough level to develop them to high enough standard.

2 Epl clubs can just come in and steal efl clubs best talent for peanuts.

Comment

The OP suggested four new players, and among them strikers such as Grabban or Wells. First and foremost they are not within our financial limits as far as I understand and as important they are not particularly young, indicating little development potential.

I am very happy if we get one player for cover at full backs and a loan up front. And don’t risk FFP breach.

Comment

The OP suggested four new players, and among them strikers such as Grabban or Wells. First and foremost they are not within our financial limits as far as I understand and as important they are not particularly young, indicating little development potential.

I am very happy if we get one player for cover at full backs and a loan up front. And don’t risk FFP breach.
                  This, except we really need a LB, not cover. That is our weakest position, more so than upfront.

If we play to the strikers strengths, what we have could work.

No way we're fixing LB without someone coming in.

Comment

Do some people just not understand P and S (FFP) rules or do they just tend to ignore them, Everybody knows what we need but not evertbody seems to understand what we can spend. Loans are not free.

Comment

Well you're very easily pleased then.
                      I want a football team with a future not just a nursery club making players for others.
                      Btw if players are without options of clubs, they have one choice accept less wages or don't play.
                      Stef ain't particularly young either, so he should be binned off i agree with you, cause he has been garbage since signing permanently

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                        Do some people just not understand P and S (FFP) rules or do they just tend to ignore them, Everybody knows what we need but not evertbody seems to understand what we can spend. Loans are not free.
                        We also have a board that are not utilising stadium sponsorship, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

We also have a board that are not utilising stadium sponsorship, why not?
                          Nobody wants to sponsor our old rusty stadium?

Is Steptoe's Scrap Metal still operating in Shepherd's Bush?

Comment

You speak for the whole of business in London

Comment

QPRDave, I also want a team and a club with a future. Thats why we have to stick to the rules.

Comment

Working...
                              X