No announcement yet.

All our players available for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would.be nice to see where we are in January , then sell willock if we are out of the top ten

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
      I cannot understand why some fans want us to hold onto Willock. He has two years left on his contract and the price we get will never be higher than now. If we wait until next summer he will leave on the cheap.

To sell is the way forward. Sale of Eze financed Willock, Field, Dickie, Dykes and more. Sales of Willock is paramount for us.

I cannot stop being surprised by some supporters refusing to sell stars when they have two years left on the contract and then go on to complain if the same player leave for peanuts when the contract is soon to run out.
      Blackburn Rovers turned down £3 million for Joe Rothwell in January despite knowing he could leave for nothing this summer. They were brave and bold. They were in top 6 and in good form so they opted not to cash-in and keep Rothwell as part of their promotion push. Obviously it went to pot and their form over the run-in was nearly as bad as ours. Rothwell has duly joined Bournemouth on a free. Mowbray has left the club.

Now I feel they did the right thing. Beale deserves the chance to work with our current squad to see if he can shape them into an outfit that can crash the top 6. Therefore, I would prefer NOT to sell any of our better players at this time. I'm normally the first person to shout that we are selling club but you can't bring in a new manager and immediately sell his best player(s).

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Blackburn Rovers turned down £3 million for Joe Rothwell in January despite knowing he could leave for nothing this summer. They were brave and bold. They were in top 6 and in good form so they opted not to cash-in and keep Rothwell as part of their promotion push. Obviously it went to pot and their form over the run-in was nearly as bad as ours. Rothwell has duly joined Bournemouth on a free. Mowbray has left the club.

Now I feel they did the right thing. Beale deserves the chance to work with our current squad to see if he can shape them into an outfit that can crash the top 6. Therefore, I would prefer NOT to sell any of our better players at this time. I'm normally the first person to shout that we are selling club but you can't bring in a new manager and immediately sell his best player(s).
        I understand your post but with Blackburn selling Armstrong for a large transfer fee earlier that season they perhaps could afford to gamble away £3m with regards to FFP?

It could be argued that gambling losing £3m is slightly different to what transfer fee Willock might achieve?

Comment

Working...
        X