All our players available for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All our players available for sale

I don't mean we should sell everyone. However, if player is offered chance to double or triple their wages on 3-4 year deal with another club, what choice do we have. Refuse to sell, make them honour contract. My view, just leads to unhappy player. Pointless. Football career is short, risk of serious career ending injury ever present.

All we can do, be honest with players, let them know what we think they're worth, what we expect of transfer fee. Negotiate as best we can when moment comes.

Chris Willock, best player we have. If richer club makes decent offer, £8-10m, he's gone. No hard feelings. We have to find next Eze or Willock, that's our future. If we find one or two hidden gems every season, brilliant. Finances back in order, invest in overall squad, we'll get towards top of Championship.

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
    I don't mean we should sell everyone. However, if player is offered chance to double or triple their wages on 3-4 year deal with another club, what choice do we have. Refuse to sell, make them honour contract. My view, just leads to unhappy player. Pointless. Football career is short, risk of serious career ending injury ever present.

All we can do, be honest with players, let them know what we think they're worth, what we expect of transfer fee. Negotiate as best we can when moment comes.

Chris Willock, best player we have. If richer club makes decent offer, £8-10m, he's gone. No hard feelings. We have to find next Eze or Willock, that's our future. If we find one or two hidden gems every season, brilliant. Finances back in order, invest in overall squad, we'll get towards top of Championship.
    We know all this & Willock won’t be sold for 8-10mil, bidding starts at 15-20mil

Comment

I’d rather we got rid of Haameleinen, Thomas, Bonne, Dozzell, Kakay, Owens, Bettache, Archer, Ferdinand, Hoos and Ramsey before we sell Willock!

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

£8-10m for Willock? Having a laugh ain't you?

I'd be asking for £25m for him in today's market with a view to a deal of around £20m minimum. Lewis-Potter and McNeil went for £20m. Jack Clarke went for £10m!

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
          I’d rather we got rid of Haameleinen, Thomas, Bonne, Dozzell, Kakay, Owens, Bettache, Archer, Ferdinand, Hoos and Ramsey before we sell Willock!
          Problem is, not one of them will command a fee hence they will all run down their contracts or we agree to mutually terminate which we can't do with all of them as like it or not some will be in the squad most of the season because our depth is poor.

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
            I agree we need to offload all of these players as they are not good enough , although i would probably keep Kakay as back up because he at least puts 100% effort in.
            Also agree about Ferdinand as a club our size doesn't need a director of football.
            I believe that Hoos is just doing what he is instructed to do by the owners , which is save as much money as you can.
            I would let Ramsey go as well , he is supposed to be some sort of super coach with youngsters , yet all i see is us getting youngsters that have been rejected by Premier league teams and after a while with us there is no progression.
            I actually can't even see the point of having an under 23 team because if you are'nt good enough by the age of 20 then you will more than likely never be good enough, with the odd exception.
            If we do ever get any decent 18 plus year olds , we can always loan them out to lower league teams to help their progression.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

We know all this & Willock won’t be sold for 8-10mil, bidding starts at 15-20mil
              Hope you're right and I'm wrong.

Comment

We doomed I tell you, doomed. There is no hope, no optimism, just doom and gloom to look forward to. Anything else to try and depress us?

Comment

Can't offload all those players. Our squad is too small!

Willock if he has good first half of season could see him going maybe £15m-£20m. I suspect someone may well try and nick him for say £7.5m+ add ons in this window. Hopefully we would refuse any silly opportunistic offers.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                    Can't offload all those players. Our squad is too small!

Willock if he has good first half of season could see him going maybe £15m-£20m. I suspect someone may well try and nick him for say £7.5m+ add ons in this window. Hopefully we would refuse any silly opportunistic offers.
                    We could try and loan those players out and replace them with better players on a free or loan.
                    Lets face it the players named are not good enough for this level.
                    Willock will definately go this season ( barring a horrific injury ) so surely we can get some better quality in .

Comment

I cannot understand why some fans want us to hold onto Willock. He has two years left on his contract and the price we get will never be higher than now. If we wait until next summer he will leave on the cheap.

To sell is the way forward. Sale of Eze financed Willock, Field, Dickie, Dykes and more. Sales of Willock is paramount for us.

I cannot stop being surprised by some supporters refusing to sell stars when they have two years left on the contract and then go on to complain if the same player leave for peanuts when the contract is soon to run out.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                        I cannot understand why some fans want us to hold onto Willock. He has two years left on his contract and the price we get will never be higher than now. If we wait until next summer he will leave on the cheap.

To sell is the way forward. Sale of Eze financed Willock, Field, Dickie, Dykes and more. Sales of Willock is paramount for us.

I cannot stop being surprised by some supporters refusing to sell stars when they have two years left on the contract and then go on to complain if the same player leave for peanuts when the contract is soon to run out.
                        Agree that we need to sell our best players to survive , it's always been the same since i started going in the 70's.
                        To be honest though it hurts having to sell your best players , especially with Willock , as without him we are a very poor team.

Comment

The same ones who criticised the club for the fee we eventuslly got for Austin after we held onto him too long. The Bosman ruling and the impact on fees isnt a new thing. Some also think we can force players to sign new contracts to stop them leaving on free contracts.

A player is only worth what other clubs are prepared to play.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

The same ones who criticised the club for the fee we eventuslly got for Austin after we held onto him too long. The Bosman ruling and the impact on fees isnt a new thing. Some also think we can force players to sign new contracts to stop them leaving on free contracts.

I agree! The funny thing was those that thought £4m was too little for Austin when he left with 5 months remaining of his contract. We could not get £10m for him the previous transfer window when we tried to offload him. Five month after we sold him he would be worth nothing as he would not like to sign a new contract. Hence, mathematically we got about the right price. Still lots of people though the club was mental to accept the offer. I could never get my head around it.

If we were in the running for promotion I could see the argument for turning down the offer, but we were miles off.

One of the most silly arguments I know is the one about Freeman's fee. We got £5m for him when he had a year left. It was a good deal for us, given the fact he would be worth nothing twelve months later (and had only 1.5 good years in the Championship and was already 27). To me it was a very good piece of business, but it did not stop a lot of supporters arguing as if he had 2 or 3 years left of his contract.

Comment

I agree! The funny thing was those that thought £4m was too little for Austin when he left with 5 months remaining of his contract. We could not get £10m for him the previous transfer window when we tried to offload him. Five month after we sold him he would be worth nothing as he would not like to sign a new contract. Hence, mathematically we got about the right price. Still lots of people though the club was mental to accept the offer. I could never get my head around it.

If we were in the running for promotion I could see the argument for turning down the offer, but we were miles off.

One of the most silly arguments I know is the one about Freeman's fee. We got £5m for him when he had a year left. It was a good deal for us, given the fact he would be worth nothing twelve months later (and had only 1.5 good years in the Championship and was already 27). To me it was a very good piece of business, but it did not stop a lot of supporters arguing as if he had 2 or 3 years left of his contract.
                              I’m not doubting the notions of your post but I would question your remark about Freeman.

Freeman signed a new contract which tied him to QPR just before his move to Sheff Utd in 2019.His new contract was due to expire in 2021

The club made that new contract offer to increase his value knowing he was to be sold asap.

Comment

Working...
                              X