No announcement yet.

Players Leaving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beale saying in his latest video that we need to get a striker just in case one of our forwards leave. That's an expensive thing to do if we've already decided that none of them would be leaving because all offers would be rejected.

I'm still expected Willock to leave before this window ends

Comment

Bonne will go. He's not going to start ahead of dykes and needs games at this stage of his career. Beale has probably told him this so his agent is sounding clubs out. Will end up back in league 1 as thats his level. He needs to play in a 2 up top to get the most out of him. We don't play that way best to let him go. His head and heart aren't here anyway.

Comment

With MBs comment today about us needing to getplayers go to free up wages for another striker then surely Hammy and Thomas will be heading out shortly. But I doubt will save more than £7k a week. Who else will go?

Warming us to the prospect that Bonne, Dykes and Armstrong may be our forwards for the season doesn't fill me with me with confidence.

Perhaps we're hoping for a Willock sale for the greater good of the squad?
        Last edited by SheepRanger; 04-08-2022, 11:40 PM.

Comment

All this talk about players leaving but as has been obviously shown nobody wants them. Not Chair, Willock or Dickie. They are not wanted let alone the likes of Bonne or Thomas.

Comment

Couple of things slightly worrying here

1, The board either thought we had enough upfront pre season and went for defenders first up over strikers

2, the board thought we had asserts of prem quality realistic willock only had 1 decent season is he prem ready I’m not sure he’s ready. Imo chair Dickie Dieng are championship level

3. if nobody decides to take players off us either on loan or buy sue to contracts on etc nico had a 4 yr deal for me he’s league two level at best we may struggle to free up wages for a decent incoming

Comment

No one seems to want to take any of our lot. Our fringe are awful and says a lot that no one else is tempted to take them. Beale saying we have have this squad all season as no money left and no offers for any else means this could be a long year!! Another year of watching Thomas, niko, kakay doesn't inspire me!!

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

1, The board either thought we had enough upfront pre season and went for defenders first up over strikers

2, the board thought we had asserts of prem quality realistic willock only had 1 decent season is he prem ready I’m not sure he’s ready. Imo chair Dickie Dieng are championship level

3. if nobody decides to take players off us either on loan or buy sue to contracts on etc nico had a 4 yr deal for me he’s league two level at best we may struggle to free up wages for a decent incoming
                Yeah, and Beale said may have to go with the strikers we've got and for us to get behind them. That is hinting there aren't offers from L1/2 for even our fringe players...?

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Agree on points 2 and 3.

On point I suspect it was more a case all loan/free transfers and filled holes. Plus all right age so potential value in the two permanent transfers and loan to buy on others. Also Tyler-Roberts is an attacking player and Tayler Richards will give us more going forwards albeit not as a striker. So for me no problem at all with those we brought in.

Problem is strikers so expensive anyway. My hope is once Willock, Tyler-Roberts and Tayler Richards fit that them along with Chair can spread some goals around the team so we are not so reliant on our out and out strikers.

I have a gut feeling we will get a prem loan last minute.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Agree on points 2 and 3.

On point I suspect it was more a case all loan/free transfers and filled holes. Plus all right age so potential value in the two permanent transfers and loan to buy on others. Also Tyler-Roberts is an attacking player and Tayler Richards will give us more going forwards albeit not as a striker. So for me no problem at all with those we brought in.

Problem is strikers so expensive anyway. My hope is once Willock, Tyler-Roberts and Tayler Richards fit that them along with Chair can spread some goals around the team so we are not so reliant on our out and out strikers.

Aha, so Dykes will be our decoy striker. Good thinking.

Comment

Would nahki Wells do a better job than dykes??? Obviously not as strong in the air but his movement is better, his link up play is better, he's a better finisher and tends to stay fit. Shame we couldn't get him back for a year.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Agree on points 2 and 3.

My gut feeling is once roberts is fit we will see Roberts, chair and willock as a 3 or two and 1 behind a lot of faith in a lad with no real experience upfront. Have to get a loan to help as I doubt many fans have much faith in Dykes or Bonne. Dykes is capable of getting a few but he’s looked best with him and Austin on his own he’s garbage for me. A loan may still be more than we can pay without parent club helping out on wages. Could be a tough month before we see a cf

Comment

Armstrong will come on most games. Perhaps with regards strikers if and it's big if ie young boy, but if he hits the ground running, doubt we will get another striker.

Think most our transfer business done. Need co7ple more full backs but not sure that we will get anywgere near what we require..

Comment

We should bring in another striker regardless how Armstrong does. Injury's will happen and Bonne can't be an option as he's an average league 1 player
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Interesting to hear what dunne says about Armstrong. He's powerful and quick. We haven't had that kind of striker in a very long time. Last 20 mins every game for me.

Comment

Colchester United have signed midfielder Charlie Owens from Championship side Queens Park Rangers on a loan deal until January 2023.

Following a two-week trial, Owens, 24, becomes U's boss Wayne Brown's fifth summer signing, with the transfer window closing in three weeks' time.

Owens made his Rangers debut in the Carabao Cup in August 2018.

Comment

Working...
                                X