X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wealdstone

All tickets sold
    Football played the Charlie Ferris way

I remember walking down Wood Lane on my way to watch us play them in an FA Cup game in 198? when some pillock with a mullet hairstyle waved an axe at me from a passing car window whilst shouting The Wealdstone. I was quite taken aback - wasn't something I was expecting really. Think we won game 4-0 but no further sightings of the mad axe-man. Wonder if he still goes to their games?
    Anyone going might consider taking a broadsword or shield with them.

Comment

Stuart Pearce fits- he started there

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
        I remember walking down Wood Lane on my way to watch us play them in an FA Cup game in 198? when some pillock with a mullet hairstyle waved an axe at me from a passing car window whilst shouting The Wealdstone. I was quite taken aback - wasn't something I was expecting really. Think we won game 4-0 but no further sightings of the mad axe-man. Wonder if he still goes to their games?
        here he is...

https://youtu.be/VQDlKN7HYLk

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          Think that game was about 1978/79 season and coming from the area , i knew most of the herberts although a lot were older than me. Most of the local loons were out that day and the cheeky ####ers even went in the Loft but were slung out by the old bill before kick off.
          Can remember when they played west ham at home about 77 in a friendly / testimonial and there was quite a bit of bovver at the game.
          Last edited by Buffalo; 14-07-2022, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Early 80s remember chasing some Brum fans from the white city EST up blomfontien rd . Brum fan got to his car got a axe out of his boot and chased us

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              Early 80s remember chasing some Brum fans from the white city EST up blomfontien rd . Brum fan got to his car got a axe out of his boot and chased us
              So your a thug then Lol

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                Sounds like the batman and Robin sketch from only fools and horses!!!lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

So your a thug then Lol
                  Yes

Comment

Originally posted by wormholt View Post
                    Ahhh, I'd forgotten about that clip - classic!

Comment

Remember Brum putting about 100 in the Loft, back In the day, think I was about 14/ 15 yes old at the time, so there was probably pterodactyl's flying around the place, my first real experience of terrace trouble, the 'Chaps' soon sorted it out, but the buzz stayed with me for days, and to be honest it's never left me, judge me on that as you wish

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                        Remember Brum putting about 100 in the Loft, back In the day, think I was about 14/ 15 yes old at the time, so there was probably pterodactyl's flying around the place, my first real experience of terrace trouble, the 'Chaps' soon sorted it out, but the buzz stayed with me for days, and to be honest it's never left me, judge me on that as you wish
                        Remember the day well, 4th or 5th round of the cup, I walked into Loft and there were a couple of hundred of Rangers should by bars, I walked up the stairs and there was a mob of Brum , a hundred or so standing in the Loft, within minutes they were chased out by the Loft boys, mayhem everywhere, and we won 2-0, great day.
                        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

I remember Fulham and Charlton having around 1979, I got chucked out with some other bloke who turned out to be a Charlton fan.

Comment

I would climb in where the loft met the ellersie , there used to be a hatch where they sold old programmes . Through the gardens and over the fence

Comment

I'm thinking we'll almost certainly have one of those "behind closed doors" games against a London Prem outfit next week - I don't think this week's games are adequate preparation for the big KO at Ewood on Saturday week. An extra run-out next Tue/Wed would make me more relaxed.

I heard Viera moaning on radio earlier that Palace pre-season was all over the place cos half his players didn't go on their foreign jaunt due to not being covid vaccinated - makes me think they might be somewhat disjointed and experimental on Saturday and not give us the stiff workout we'd be wanting.

Comment

Working...
                              X