Barbet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

He’s only 29 hardly over the hill surprised if true no contract offered as he’s never injured 100+ games for us nips in with a goal. Think they’ll be a few more go in next week or so and hopefully some fresh faces in as well
    Agreed it's a strange one.

Surely hes not deemed too old at 29 because hed have no resale value? I think there are going to be some very inexperienced players on the pitch cutting their teeth during game time this season.

Comment

Barbet said he couldn’t reach an agreement so we must have offered him something. It can only be one or both of these things, length of contract or wages.

My gut feeling is that it’s more likely to be length of contract. He’s probably been offered a 3 year deal elsewhere and I’d imagine we were offering him a rolling yearly contract.

Comment

Comment

To the Warrior.

Comment

Good luck to him where ever he goes , always put a shift in for us
            Loads of goal line clearances and last ditch tackles ...

Comment

Its going to be tough to replace him.

I wonder if we will be after Ben Davies from Liverpool on a loan deal?

Comment

I think the club should really try to change his mind. And get him to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by eam1882 View Post
                  I think the club should really try to change his mind. And get him to stay.
                  Wish we could change his mind, few more good seasons in him. I'm thinking he wants to return home. Started at Bordeaux, going back.

Apart from one injury in first season, very consistent player both performance (pretty good) and fitness (excellent). Wish him well.

Comment

I don’t know what the issue was, but surely based on his appearances and ability, he was worth coming to an agreement with. Unless of course Ferdinand and Co. have other defenders lined up.

We probably won’t be able to buy Ballard if the rumoured asking price is correct - £1.7m and could rise if a bidding war starts.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                      I don’t know what the issue was, but surely based on his appearances and ability, he was worth coming to an agreement with. Unless of course Ferdinand and Co. have other defenders lined up.

We probably won’t be able to buy Ballard if the rumoured asking price is correct - £1.7m and could rise if a bidding war starts.

Its going to be difficult to turn a sufficient number of discarded U23 players into £10m plus players to help with our financing. The Board will surely fund £2m signings if there's a better chance of flipping them in the future??

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Its going to be difficult to turn a sufficient number of discarded U23 players into £10m plus players to help with our financing. The Board will surely fund £2m signings if there's a better chance of flipping them in the future??
                        Well Ballard sounds like such a player.
                        He had a good season at Millwall and is highly rated at Arsenal but they already have a number of centre backs hence willing to sell him.

Comment

A very honest pro, hardly missed a game.
                          Good luck to him going forward.
                          F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

A decent servant for the club and he gave his all but , we have conceded a lot of goals over the last few years , so hopefully we have someone better lined up.

Comment

Apparently, his new club has been relegated to the French third division for breaking financial fair play rules!

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                                Apparently, his new club has been relegated to the French third division for breaking financial fair play rules!
                                Oh deary me

Comment

Working...
                                X