40 years ago today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Is it any wonder why Stainrod’s parents said he couldn’t go? Mine said the same about the final (although I was a few years younger and still a schoolboy ).

yes, it was a winner from Warren Neill.
    It was dangerous for any fans going away in those days , so not surprised , parents did'nt want them to go.
    My first away game up north was Leicester away in 1976 , i was 13 and was on one of 2 coaches that went from the Springbok.
    I stayed at my aunts house in Batman close on the white city estate the night before and never told my mum and dad where i was going.
    I missed the coach with about 10 other Rangers older lads V.S. etc after the game and had to bunk the train home , my aunt and uncle were shitting themselves until i got back.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post

I vaguely remember going to some club in Nottingham area after a game at Sheff weds . Think we were in a mini bus that day and parked up a hill and as we walked passed some pub , Wednesday came out and attacked us but were chased back inside.
      I must know you by sight , if not names , i very rarely missed any away games in those days.
      I can remember ZIPPY , more so from the earlier days , one thing that stands out with Zippy was him on a pool table in a club , swinging the cue around in Skegness after Grimsby away last game of the 82/83 season , when the locals all had a pop at us.
      We used to stop at a few northern towns on the way home for a drink, remember stopping at Burslem on at least 2 occasions , some of our lot even pulled a couple of birds there and used to go up there to see them.
      Grimsby put the transit windows thru probably the season before that , we chase them down the street . Police took us to the station but let us go with no charges . Remember the journey home being freezing with broken windows . We stopped off in some little town and zippy pulled we had to wait for him why he finished off the local on the grass

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post

Grimsby put the transit windows thru probably the season before that , we chase them down the street . Police took us to the station but let us go with no charges . Remember the journey home being freezing with broken windows . We stopped off in some little town and zippy pulled we had to wait for him why he finished off the local on the grass
        I went to Grimsby the season before as well on the c/mob coach and in the town before the game they would'nt let us in the pub , so we went in some old mans drinking club , where it was about 30p a pint .We loved it cheap beer and the guvernor of the pub made loads of money out of us.
        Remember in the ground one big Grimsby geezer came in our section offering us all out at the same time , it's funny how things stand out.
        The last game of the season game we did'nt get to Grimsby until half time because of what happened at Leicester/ forest service station with Middlesborough.

Comment

All fine thanks Harrow - cut me on the eye brow wish thankfully grew back so no scar showing

Comment

Working...
          X