Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New & extended contracts given to Some players…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New & extended contracts given to Some players…

… Duke McKenna , Armstrong and also Shodipo. Now I understand why the 1st 2 but don’t get Shodipo given that all they have done in the last 2-3 seasons with him is loan him out. Seriously are we paying him to play for other teams or will they actually keep him this season?

I think he should get a chance to play for us. Sick of watching people like Thomas get a chance and has never looked anywhere good enough for this league. Give mide a go and see if he can t take it.

Comment

Hes 24yr old and that's a good age to pick players up from L1. I'm sure we would have watched him when he returned from injury and played for Wed. He wouldnt be on a big contract so get him in the squad for one season and release next summer it he doesnt make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
        I think he should get a chance to play for us. Sick of watching people like Thomas get a chance and has never looked anywhere good enough for this league. Give mide a go and see if he can t take it.
        Of course, if he could make it, his stock would rise, and he's still be under contract to us............

Of course, equally, he could flop.

Comment

Just seen its a one year extension, but perhaps there an option to extend?

Comment

Shodipo, very strange.

Start of 2019\2020 season, gets three year contract. Plays 12 games.

2020\2021 Season, loaned to Oxford.

2021 \2022 Season, loaned to Sheffield Wednesday.

Clearly Warburton didn't rate him. Backroom staff must have.

My only concern, keeping Shodipo and Duke McKenna, competing for right side of midfield. Don't think we have room for both of them. Neither likely to be permanent starters, both looking for occasional starts with sub appearances. One of them probably not going to play for us.

I'd have released Shodipo, kept Duke-McKenna.

Comment

Ferdinand OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT!!!
              Club doing everything on the cheap, I'm wondering if Tony Currie is being lined up for one year contract with an option for extending....... ######

Comment

I'm afraid a lot of our loaned out players don't even get games regularly at league 1 and league 2 clubs , to me unless they are really young that means they are'nt good enough and i can't see the point in extending their contracts , like Shodipo.
                Masterson played quite a few games out on loan last season so hopefully has improved enough to be part of our squad for next season

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo
                  Well, I doubt there is a whole load of wonderkids out there ready to take their places so perhaps they are the best of a bad bunch. You either retain the better ones (even if they aren't going to make the first team any time soon) and hope that one or two make it in the end, or just don't bother with a U18 and U23 side.
                  Is it our coaches?
                  Not exactly hired for their past skills are they

Comment

Is the new training ground a way around this obviously unfair system regarding youth players Buff?
                    Will it allow us to have a premium academy?
                    Which in turn stops the other premium academies poaching our youngsters, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                      Just seen its a one year extension, but perhaps there an option to extend?
                      It’s an extension on the 3 year deal he signed previously. My point was that given we sent him out on loan fir the last 2 seasons it is pointless extending it for another year if we are to loan him out again.

Maybe as pointed out, perhaps the coaches rate him and will want the incoming head coach to keep him for this season.
                      That would be the only sensible reason for the extension.

As for Duke-McKenna, I think he is good enough now for the 1st team squad, as is Masterson. I was far more impressed with his performances for us than Sanderson.

Comment

I cant see the problem with Shodipo being part of the squad next season. We need back up players to the first eleven and csnt afford to the have a full squad of the same quality. Stick him in the squad and see what he produces. Doubt hes on more than £3-4k a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo
                          It certainly improves things yes.

Having good facilities will at least give us an edge over some of our neighbours in that respect. Also, I understand that the U18s and U23s have trained at different locations to the 1st team before now but now they can see the 1st team train and actually train with them sometimes. That's got to be a good thing.

Edit: Just realised I didn't really answer your question. I don't think a better academy will stop other clubs poaching. I think it means we would get more compensation if they do though.
                          Youth players training with first team will improve them. Kevin Gallen said in recent West London Sport Video, training with youth team was easy, look great in training. Step up to 1st Team training, MacDonald, Parker and Maddix made him raise his game.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

Youth players training with first team will improve them. Kevin Gallen said in recent West London Sport Video, training with youth team was easy, look great in training. Step up to 1st Team training, MacDonald, Parker and Maddix made him raise his game.
                            This is also one of the reasons I am a big advocate for giving decent youngsters a chance in the 1st team. Players like Armstrong, Duke-McKenna, Bettache and before them, Shodipo instead of loaning him out for 2 seasons.

They do not play in vital positions in goal or defence where a mistake could concede agoal, but could learn a lot more than they do out on loan at struggling lower league teams.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

This is also one of the reasons I am a big advocate for giving decent youngsters a chance in the 1st team. Players like Armstrong, Duke-McKenna, Bettache and before them, Shodipo instead of loaning him out for 2 seasons.

They do not play in vital positions in goal or defence where a mistake could concede agoal, but could learn a lot more than they do out on loan at struggling lower league teams.
                              I understand what you say about chances in first team but I'm keen on loaning young players to gain experience. All about finding good clubs.

One gripe I had with Warburton was reluctance to put young players on bench. Sometimes, we've had Ball, Amos, Dozzell on bench. How many center midfielders do you need. Put a promising U23 player on bench. If game going well, put them on. We want to try them when we're winning, not when 4-0 down.

Comment

Working...
                              X