Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious question Tim Sherwood

What is it, the fans object to exactly?
    He managed a few games as caretaker at Spurs, and managed Villa.
    What did he do so catastrophily wrong?
    I don't remember either getting relegated, what was it?

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Not sure if you remember wasn’t exactly complimentary on us when asked about coming went to villa I may stand corrected on everything by someone with more info but think he’s turned us down twice so can do one and stay away

Comment

Have to say I've been wondering the same thing.

Comment

He likes his teams to play attacking football, but was found out eventually. A bit like what proved to be Warburtons downfall in the end? Just what I seem to recall...., but I`m not sure why that warrants so much sceptism so many years after though.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Not sure if you remember wasn’t exactly complimentary on us when asked about coming went to villa I may stand corrected on everything by someone with more info but think he’s turned us down twice so can do one and stay away
          Oh fair enough, don't remember that thanks shags.
          I feel the same about rowett, turned us down before don't ask him again

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post

Have to say I've been wondering the same thing.
            Yeah I just got thinking, we've had managers here with not such great records from their past, including warbs tbh, but it means nothing does it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              He likes his teams to play attacking football, but was found out eventually. A bit like what proved to be Warburtons downfall in the end? Just what I seem to recall...., but I`m not sure why that warrants so much sceptism so many years after though.
              Thanks Shania agree with that

Comment

7 years since he last managed a team should tell you all you need to know, hardly in demand

Comment

But then ince was out for years and then kept Reading up............the #######

Comment

Started crying during a post match interview when he managed Spurs and had a reputation of being a hard task master. He would use the stick rather than carrot. I get the impression hes old school, would divide the squad and comes across as a nasty ####.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                      Started crying during a post match interview when he managed Spurs and had a reputation of being a hard task master. He would use the stick rather than carrot. I get the impression hes old school, would divide the squad and comes across as a nasty ####.
                      Personally don't have a problem with some of these pampered overpaid prima donnas getting a bit of harsh treatment.
                      Ala Warnock.
                      Think players have too much power and too easy a life.
                      Cheers though, all I see is never not him, but I didn't actually see why.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo
                        I just think he's a massive ######. *

*t 0sser
                        But we've hired a few of them already!

Comment

But then ince was out for years and then kept Reading up............the #######
                          But Reading had a very good squad - even with 6pt deduction they should've been nudging top 6.

Anyway, simple fact is this: most managers are much of a muchness - there is little difference between them. You can chuck a dart in the list of 72 EFL managers and you'll land on an adequate "McManager" with a career win rate of 0.38ish. It's all a bit tedious and I'd rather have a volatile passionate nutter like Paolo Di Canio really. Our best managers of recent times were Olly and Warnock, both of whom were somewhat highly-strung and emotional. I hate to say it but look at that git Nathan Jones - he deffo needs a slap BUT he's getting the job done isn't he?

Comment

I'm against Sherwood for one reason.

I want next manager making "step up" to QPR. Someone who's succeeded at clubs playing L1 or L2 level or working as coach at premier league club.

Sherwood has managed bigger clubs, definitely stepping down to us.

Comment

You have to ask why TS hasn't had a job for 7 years, how many skeletons does he have in the cupboard that we don't know about, I think he is on the same hymn sheet as Harry Redknapp and we don't need anyone like him anywhere near our club.

Comment

Working...
                              X