Callum O'Dowda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Callum O'Dowda

Just released by Bristol City. 27 years old. Left winger. Had uncle on toast in the away game. We need an out and out left winger. Any thoughts?

Yep go for it mate
    But I wonder if it would help if we appointed a manager first and see if they might want him.
    Nah #### it, Les knows best

Comment

Well it looks like the board are already deciding who to keep at the club already so wouldn't be a surprise if we signed players before new manager turns up.

Comment

I think he is a decent winger and worth considering.

Comment

going to Cardiff

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
            Well it looks like the board are already deciding who to keep at the club already so wouldn't be a surprise if we signed players before new manager turns up.
            Players they've released are pretty obvious.

Wallace (35)

Westwood, Barnes and Marshall, two emergency keepers and Barnes never played

We could discuss keeping Ball and Austin. My view, correct decision for both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

Players they've released are pretty obvious.

Wallace (35)

Westwood, Barnes and Marshall, two emergency keepers and Barnes never played

We could discuss keeping Ball and Austin. My view, correct decision for both of them.
              I was talking about the club renegotiating contracts for barbet, uncle, moses etc..it's strange that the club is offering contracts to players with no manager on board

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

I was talking about the club renegotiating contracts for barbet, uncle, moses etc..it's strange that the club is offering contracts to players with no manager on board
                The show must go on, we can't keep these players dis-affected whilst waiting for a new "manager". Renegotiating doesn't necessarily we will re-sign, but will give an indication of their aspirations. And it would be time lost if we do want to keep them when we finally settle on a "manager". A coach's involvement may be less pro-active than a mangers, so it depends on what position we are looking to fill.

Comment

We definitely seem to be heading in the direction of the club scouting and buying the players and then saying to the manager this is hat you have to work with, go and make it happen!! Which isn't necessarily a bad thing..

Comment

Why would we not want to offer a new deal to Barbet given how reliable and steady he has been over his 3 seasons?

I also agree that we appear to be going down the route of a head coach rather than a manager and is being told this is the bulk of the squad you have, but can offer suggestions for some additional players.

Comment

Working...
                    X