The New Manager’s Salary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Manager’s Salary

Out of interest how much do you think we are prepared to pay the new Manager by way of salary?

How much would the likes of Sean Dyche expect to earn compared to James Rowberry?

Research shows Dyche earned £3.5m at Burnley and The average salary for a Division 2 Manager is £80k.

Huge difference. No way are we going to pay anything like £3.5m.

Talk of Dyche us just plain daft in my opinion. Even if he did drop down the championship there will be bigger clubs than us who can offer him a big salary and a bigger chance of going up. I wouldnt be surprised to see him at WBA when they give Bruce the elbow.

I would guess we pay the manager circa £7k a week / £350k a year. I cant see us paying any more than £10k per week / £500k pa.

Comment

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ubs-brink.html

Comment

One thing that puzzles me is the manager normally comes with a No.2 and sundry lieutenants. For instance Sean Dyche and his staff were sacked recently..

His assistant manager Ian Woan, first-team coach Steve Stone and goalkeeping coach Billy Mercer have also left the club
        ​​​​​​How do the salaries of "his staff" get counted? Who recruits them?

Are we keeping Eustace? What happens to Eustace if we hire Dyche but he wants to bring Woan with him? It all gets a bit fiddly and muddy I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          One thing that puzzles me is the manager normally comes with a No.2 and sundry lieutenants. For instance Sean Dyche and his staff were sacked recently..

His assistant manager Ian Woan, first-team coach Steve Stone and goalkeeping coach Billy Mercer have also left the club
          ​​​​​​How do the salaries of "his staff" get counted? Who recruits them?

Are we keeping Eustace? What happens to Eustace if we hire Dyche but he wants to bring Woan with him? It all gets a bit fiddly and muddy I reckon.
          I think we can safely discount Dyche. He hasnt established himself as a top manager to end up with the likes of us!

I'm not sure about Eustace's contract with us, but if hes under contract and he goes to Watford then surely we'll get a transfer fee/compensation for him?

Comment

Reading this, it says that one Southern Championship clubs Director of Football pockets £360k.
            Do you think this is us?

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post

Reading this, it says that one Southern Championship clubs Director of Football pockets £360k.
              Do you think this is us?
              These championship figures are distorted by the handful of clubs getting parachute money. I'd guess that all the big salaries in that report are attributable to recently relegated clubs.

I'm sure likes of Mitrovic, Diangana and Solanke are on a decent wedge as are the backroom staff at FFC, WBA.

Comment

Working...
              X