BLACKBURN - 4 Points
    BORO - 5 points
    QPR - 4 points

MILLWALL 71 points
    SHEFF UTD 69 points
    BORO 68 points
    QPR 67 points
    BLACKBURN 67 points

Just makes worse those 2 ridiculous Loses at Home to Cardiff and Peterborough!!!!
    Those two losses will haunt me for years until we go up as we were winning comfortably at 1-0 and in both games missed a chance to go 2 up before conceding. The Cardiff one thanks to an incompetent ref who didn’t give us a free kick then have a softer one to Cardiff and turned the game on it’s head.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
      If we do beat Stoke then it's going to be some game against the blades ...
      Yep, I've bought my tickets for the Sheff utd game, just hope results pan out at the weekend to set up a cracker. Unlikely I know, but a good result on Saturday and it could be a Friday night to remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

I felt our insipid non-performances recently at Blackburn, Millwall and Sheffield Utd were actually more annoying. Just battling draws in the three games would have resulted in a massive difference to our position and mindset today.
        Indeed but those are games that traditionally we don't win - so the the fact that we lost was no big surprise - at the start of the season they would not be the games to be looking for 1 let lone 3 points but Cardiff and Peterborough at home - along with last minute Bristol c (although we did win the away game) are games at the start of the season should be looked on as Home bankers which is why they feel more costly! as you say even 3 home draws against those and we would we better off than we are now.

Comment

My impression is that we have been dropping points against teams that end up getting relegated for decades. I recall dreadful home defeats against Northampton and Swindon but I'm sure there are literally dozens of other examples. Anyway, that's slightly different and doesn't explain going to Ewood when they were one win from eight and hadn't scored for 3 games but yet we didn't bother to try or actually even put a shift in. It's sort of chicken and egg...... to go up you have to at some point dig in and grind out results - getting to the business end of the season and putting in "non-performances" against our rivals is effing inexcusable and irrespective of next few games is something I'll never forgive Warburton for.

Comment

True we do have a history of losing to the teams at the bottom.

What is the most Baffling about the last few months and its not just about the injuries is a team that was doing exactly that - the grinding out wins - scoring in almost every game coming back strongly in the 2nd half seem to be doing that exact opposite - the same players - that must be coaching - Dickie stopping his forward runs into the opposition half in favour of a square pass to barbet , Johansons forward passes to the front 3 in favour of little pirouettes with a pass back to the defence all those things must have been coached. we became far too cautious. Only in the last couple of games does the the shackles seem to have been lifted again, the players on the pitch surely didn't just decide to do it they must have been told!

Comment

Working...
            X