What's our longest losing streak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's our longest losing streak?

Can't find any info on our worst losing streak. Knowing us we must've chalked up a dozen on the trot at some point, well within our capabilities that.

We're currently on 5 league defeats with 5 games to go. Can see us losing 4 of those on current form but surely we can avoid succumbing at home to Derby Bleeding County????

Anyway, if it does all go pear shaped in remaining games would we be setting a club record?

I think Don Howe managed nine on trot back in 1989.

To be fair, he had four 1st choice center backs out injured. Paul Parker, Alan MacDonald, Danny Maddix and Brian Laws.

Comment

Let's hope it ends at Huddersfield , nick a draw then beat Shreks lot

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

To be fair, he had four 1st choice center backs out injured. Paul Parker, Alan MacDonald, Danny Maddix and Brian Laws.
        Was that when his assistant (Bobby Ferguson?) went out and bought Darren Peacock and Andy Tilson? Both turned out to be very tidy capable CBs too.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Was that when his assistant (Bobby Ferguson?) went out and bought Darren Peacock and Andy Tilson? Both turned out to be very tidy capable CBs too.
          Bobby Gould.

You're right with Peacock and Tilson, superb CBs. Signed by Gould.

Arsenal loaned us Gus Caesar, remember him. He was something else.

Comment

Showing my age though

Comment

Bobby Gould.

He was something else, sadly that something else was not a professional footballer

Comment

The way things are going, we could beat that unenviable record

Comment

I dunno about everybody else, but I can't shake that, " what could have been" feeling, the chances we had to get ourselves into second position, and the confidence that would have injected into the team, I know we were punching above, but if you can't be good be lucky, and we had our share of good luck at times, it just to me makes the disappointing end to this season even more painful

Comment

Bobby Gould.

Yes it's Gould isn't it... Gawd knows where I got Ferguson from!

​​​​​​

Comment

Yes I recall that and to try and strengthen our depleted defence he signed the hapless Gus Caesar who failed miserably.

Don Howe then recruited Bobby Gould to help him out and the latter brought in Peacock Tilson and Brevett in the 1st week and transformed the rest of the season to finish in a comfortable mid table position.

In reply to Abseit about not losing to Derby, they beat us last season with a worse team and we were on better form. They managed just 2 shots on target ( the 1st was saved and parried in the path of Kazim who scored with their 2nd).

I am not expecting a better outcome this season and Lawrence will get on the scoresheet again just to rub it in that we didn’t buy him in January.

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                        I dunno about everybody else, but I can't shake that, " what could have been" feeling, the chances we had to get ourselves into second position, and the confidence that would have injected into the team, I know we were punching above, but if you can't be good be lucky, and we had our share of good luck at times, it just to me makes the disappointing end to this season even more painful
                        We dropped 10 winnable points at home against Swansea, Hull, Cardiff and Peterborough which would have us on 69 points and on track for the playoffs. Getting points away Barnsley, Blackburn, Forest and Preston could have meant a top 2 challenge.

Wasted , wasted and wasted finale to the season. Warburton must pay the price for this with his job. If he stays, we will be back in the bottom 8 next season.

Comment

Working...
                        X