U23s and U18s Team Formation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U23s and U18s Team Formation

Do junior teams play same system as 1st Team? They probably should, but wouldn't surprise me if they didn't.

If they dont then our DoF needs sacking. Its supposed to be progression to the first team and that style of play.

Comment

Yes they do.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Well they lose most weeks so they probably do

Comment

Apart from Armstrong there isn't one player in the under 23s who looks remotely likely to break into the first team which is pretty poor for a club like ours. Even that donkey hamalienen played the other day.

Every time I look at some of our under 23s and half of them are almost too old to be in that category, they all seem so skinny and lightweight. They don't look like they could hack mens football.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
            Apart from Armstrong there isn't one player in the under 23s who looks remotely likely to break into the first team which is pretty poor for a club like ours. Even that donkey hamalienen played the other day.

Every time I look at some of our under 23s and half of them are almost too old to be in that category, they all seem so skinny and lightweight. They don't look like they could hack mens football.
            I agree that most of them are not good enough, but what few there are get shipped out on loan and often to clubs who either play a different style or are struggling i.e. Gillingham and Oldham. Others down to the National League.

Comment

I believe they play an entirely different system to the first team. They play a slow possession based game, struggle to create decent chances and lose frequently. Most definitely nothing like the first team in any way, shape or form.

Comment

Some of these young men have been at the club for over a decade now, assuming they were picked up between 8-11 years old, surely by now the coaches must know if they are going to make it in the game, I'm assuming they are all on some sort of salary, so if they are not going to play for the first team or have any value transfer wise, then it's a drain on the club's already limited funds

Comment

There’s no intensity in those U23 games and for me a distinct lack of energy shown by our players sometimes.

Maybe with the new training ground containing all the groups the first team manager would be more likely to have first hand judgement of the youngsters.

Aaron Drewe is the obvious choice but Alfie Lloyd looks promising.

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                    Some of these young men have been at the club for over a decade now, assuming they were picked up between 8-11 years old, surely by now the coaches must know if they are going to make it in the game, I'm assuming they are all on some sort of salary, so if they are not going to play for the first team or have any value transfer wise, then it's a drain on the club's already limited funds
                    I agree that many have been at the club since school boys and they do not look like making it in the Championship.

I can’t see many of them being kept on beyond this season.

Comment

Working...
                    X