Post match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
    He should walk or be sacked. He and the club have openly stated that the playoffs were the target. He's been backed in the market yet his ideaology about having small squads has backfired massively. 4 keepers and 4 wingbacks being injured tells us that.

He didn't replace chair for the afcon, then puts him straight back in when he didn't earn his spot. Hendrick coming in was the final straw. The guy isn't suited to how we play and all he's done is push dozzell and ball down the pecking order. This and his bizarre substitutions have sealed his fate for me. He's a clever man, not a clever football manager though.
    Have to agree with all that, but the biggest thing/ mistake he made was to turn down the chance of another striker in January when Les offered him one, saying he was happy with what he had!!
    Charlie was not at the races, hasn't been all season, Dykes seems to be plagued by injuries, and at that time Andre Gray just didn't seem fit enough and looked like he wanted to be any else but with us, to be fair his fitness levels and attitude seemed to have picked up a bit, but still ploughing a lone furrow with no service up front he gets frustrated really quickly
    I'm not sure MW would walk on his own accord, we have all seen the stubborn streak he has, it remains to be seen if he still thinks he can move us on Personally I think he has lost the faithful now, booing from your own fans at home, stadium emptying before the final whistle, these are all bad signs for him and he should be intelligent enough to know it

Comment

I've actually changes my mind on gray. If he gets service, even a half chance he is putting them away. Unfortunately due to the way we play with the constant passing across the pitch, he can't make the runs he wants as we over play non stop. He shown that if he gets a chance he can finish. Without dykes then we may aswell leave Austin at home. The guys lack of mobility or inability to run around doesn't suit our style again.

If the manager went to a 4 in midfield and had brought in a couple of wingers on loan then we would have options but our stubborn manager didn't consider this and went for sanderson and hendrick who to be honest have been bang average so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
        I've actually changes my mind on gray. If he gets service, even a half chance he is putting them away. Unfortunately due to the way we play with the constant passing across the pitch, he can't make the runs he wants as we over play non stop. He shown that if he gets a chance he can finish. Without dykes then we may aswell leave Austin at home. The guys lack of mobility or inability to run around doesn't suit our style again.

If the manager went to a 4 in midfield and had brought in a couple of wingers on loan then we would have options but our stubborn manager didn't consider this and went for sanderson and hendrick who to be honest have been bang average so far.
        You have hit the nail on the head. Stubborn manager.
        Also tactically inept , one dimensional and clueless .

Comment

He won’t resign , he’ll just waffle on about tired players or finances etc.

who picks the team ? MW
          who picks the tactics? MW
          who makes the substitutions? MW
          who doesn’t know how to react to what is happening on the pitch ? MW
          who made the transfer decisions including loaning out our young players and DeWijs? MW

There is no point in blaming the players for not doing the basics when he doesn’t.

Comment

The Jordi one is more baffling now. Getting rid of a guy who can play on the left of a back 3 and getting a guy in who is right footed meaning he has to move dunne and/or dickie tells us enough. Panicking and not looking at the bigger picture.

Comment

Should never have let Jordi go,in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by eam1882 View Post
                Should never have let Jordi go,in my opinion.
                Agree and now benching Barbet is complete madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo
                  He was a permanent sicknote. With hindsight, we could have kept him and not bothered with Sanderson but we couldn't rely on him staying fit. It was the right decision at the time.
                  May have been the right decision but I think sanderson was brought in to potentially take dickies spot who was going through a bad patch. Now the manager has decided barbet is the worst of that back 3 and sanderson can't play as a left sided centre back. I'd prefer going to a back 4 for rest of the season. Dunne and sanderson with moses/kakay right back. Mccallum left back. Uncle right mid. Ilias left mid. Austin and gray up top. Amos and field centre mids.

Comment

Working...
                  X