On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Just felt today that we have been sussed out by the opposition,things that worked earlier in the season now fall flat. The Chair, Willock, Wallace trio now looks predictable and easy to stop.
    Cannot really say the players didn’t try but they have just run out of ideas, passing is becoming wayward and Gray made 6 or 7 good runs and was totally ignored.
    The balance of the team now looks poor and with only 2 midfield players we just get overrun, for sure we all know we were hanging on in the top 6, however Cardiff today were average but we did not have the ideas to unlock their defence.
    I think at one stage we put together a 30 pass move and got absolutely no where.

Cannot really see us turning the corner as choice’s especially upfront are limited.

Agree with your post Romford. I’m coming away from HQ thinking how the muff have we lost this game?! First half was decent, deserved our lead, should have gone 2-0 up at the break if Wallace had cut that one back just before HT. Second half again controlled the game however a one goal gap always leaves you vulnerable and that’s exactly what happened. Our problem is we see plenty of the ball at home but don’t create enough chances, we don’t get the ball in the box enough and when we do we are usually massively outnumbered. Play offs are slipping away. I was happy with the line up today but he needs to changed the system now. 3 at the back isn’t working we need to get another midfielder or striker in the mix. 4-4-3 or 4-4-2 stop this rubbish of passing around and going nowhere with it. Very frustrating afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
      Just felt today that we have been sussed out by the opposition,things that worked earlier in the season now fall flat. The Chair, Willock, Wallace trio now looks predictable and easy to stop.
      Cannot really say the players didn’t try but they have just run out of ideas, passing is becoming wayward and Gray made 6 or 7 good runs and was totally ignored.
      The balance of the team now looks poor and with only 2 midfield players we just get overrun, for sure we all know we were hanging on in the top 6, however Cardiff today were average but we did not have the ideas to unlock their defence.
      I think at one stage we put together a 30 pass move and got absolutely no where.

Cannot really see us turning the corner as choice’s especially upfront are limited.
      Think the 30 pass move ended up back with Marshall.

Comment

If we don’t make a true tactical change now, which at the least would freshen things up, and after a month’s worth of mediocrity bordering on poor, then fans should deservedly call out MW and the entire coaching staff.

Yet instead of calls to sack MW, how ‘bout MW sacking the system that no longer works (against anyone, good or bad).

Go three in the back (Sanderson should be alternated into that mix v starting Dickie every game)

Drop wingbacks (Wallace, others) in favor of four midfielders (Field, Hendrick, Amos, Moses, and Ball/Dozzell) and three strikers (Chair/Willock/striker).

The worst that happens? We continue losing.

’The best? We save the season.

We now have more than a week to get this practiced and in play.

Now or never

Comment

Well something needs to change if we are to get anything from Luton and Forest Luton will run us ragged with pace throughout the team.

Comment

if you play the same style all season, odds are you will get rumbled and teams will set up to nullify you and hit you when they can, the great terry venables and allan harris, would look ahead at the oppo, study them, their star players and plan our team for that game to get a result. it worked a fa cup final, promoted with title and top 5 and a uefa trip is the proof. we have been top 5 for a long time and i am very proud of that, there is time to stay there and get strong results but to get a new idea or 2 across would take time.

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
              if you play the same style all season, odds are you will get rumbled and teams will set up to nullify you and hit you when they can, the great terry venables and allan harris, would look ahead at the oppo, study them, their star players and plan our team for that game to get a result. it worked a fa cup final, promoted with title and top 5 and a uefa trip is the proof. we have been top 5 for a long time and i am very proud of that, there is time to stay there and get strong results but to get a new idea or 2 across would take time.
              True, we have one well this season and should be please with that. Also true that we have been sussed and need to freshen things up, let's start with a four man defence, 2 strikers, and inject some pace in the team. Managers and Head Coaches need to be able to change their tactics and formations when needed. Otherwise they will not succeed i.e. win promotions or trophies.

Sanderson is still banned for the Luton game, but should be in the team for the Forest match, McCallum is fit and can return too. Maybe it's also time for Thomas to start as an attacking player on the left wing. And if Austin or Dykes are unavailable, give Kargbo or Sinclair Armstrong a game instead of pushing Amos in an attacking midfield role (until they play we won't know if they are ready). So many Championship clubs play their young players why don't we?

Comment

It seems we scrapped the idea of pushing youngsters in the side. Not one new youngster made it to the first team this season. And we need some sort of enthusiasm in the side.

Comment

Working...
                X