Travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel

Reading some Sean Dyche comments about Burnley's sluggish performance at Palace yesterday. He cited a 7-hr journey down from Burnley the Friday night before as a significant factor.

Got me thinking that our lads must've had a similar experience going the other way plus with the added inconvenience of a 12:30 kick off.

Feels like a pretty wet and feeble excuse, particularly given we've been sluggish and not "at it" for weeks BUT..... it's conceivable that the travel and logistics knocked 5% off our edge and proved to be a deciding factor.

You could argue its swings and roundabouts and things even out over the season but for a one-off 6-pointer against Rovers it feels like we got the mucky end of the stick. Sky Sports is indeed ####!

But all teams have the drudge of travelling to away games?

Comment

Some rich teams fly.

Comment

The team came on the train and went back on the train with the fans , my son took a load of photos of them . He said seny and barbet were really friendly and talkative with them . Rob dickie didn't want to know and wasn't interested in our fans

Comment

Players to pampered
          You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            The team came on the train and went back on the train with the fans , my son took a load of photos of them . He said seny and barbet were really friendly and talkative with them . Rob dickie didn't want to know and wasn't interested in our fans
            Dickie doesn't seem interested in even communicating with his own teammates. Don't think I've ever seen him shout at one single player. Just always stands there saying nothing which is weird considering he was captain at Oxford but he doesn't seem to have a leadership qualities from what ive seen so far.

Dunne on the other hand has stepped up hugely in this regard. On sat he was in deep conversation with willock, chair etc at a break in play to sort out what to do. Dickie just stood there and said nothing. Very frustrating to see a supposed leader not leading. Sanderson should get his spot back when he's available for selection as dickie is the weak link in our back 3.

Comment

travel is part of the game and no one should be surprised they had to travel to blackburn! they will have been on a luxury coach - i have been on it so i know! and will have been able to rest and sleep - its not like they have to take turns driving the thing!!

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                travel is part of the game and no one should be surprised they had to travel to blackburn! they will have been on a luxury coach - i have been on it so i know! and will have been able to rest and sleep - its not like they have to take turns driving the thing!!
                Send me your email and I will send u a photo of my boy and his mates at Blackburn train station with chair , willock , dieng and barbet . Also got some of them on the train

Comment

Working...
                X