Midfield v Strikers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midfield v Strikers

MW decided we needed to try to control the midfield over putting strikers on the field with little service.

IMO it was long overdue.

Now MW seems to be bending over backwards, especially with Charlie, that not too much be read into it.

Yet it should. Charlie is always going to be a QPR favorite, but he’s become an aging liability this season. Gray though talented could care less being here. Dykes is the most solid and consistent striker, yet has been up and down all season.

I would start the same lineup v Blackburn save for Dickie over Sanderson.

After all, Hendrick and Stefan were solid, Moses had his best game of the season, and Uncle was everywhere.

This is not the time to spare feelings (Charlie in particular) by starting him when he’s currently sub-standard.

And I believe Chair and Willock will gel as a goal scoring threat up top.

Stay the (new) course.

Is Willock 100% fit or carrying a niggle?
    Looked a tiny bit off the pace last game but could that be due to the different set up?

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
      MW decided we needed to try to control the midfield over putting strikers on the field with little service.

IMO it was long overdue.

Now MW seems to be bending over backwards, especially with Charlie, that not too much be read into it.

Yet it should. Charlie is always going to be a QPR favorite, but he’s become an aging liability this season. Gray though talented could care less being here. Dykes is the most solid and consistent striker, yet has been up and down all season.

I would start the same lineup v Blackburn save for Dickie over Sanderson.

After all, Hendrick and Stefan were solid, Moses had his best game of the season, and Uncle was everywhere.

This is not the time to spare feelings (Charlie in particular) by starting him when he’s currently sub-standard.

And I believe Chair and Willock will gel as a goal scoring threat up top.

Stay the (new) course.
      Totally agree 100%! Same team for me, apart from the obvious Dickie in for Sanderson. Best we’ve played this year for me. Total control of the MF, dominated game and never gave them a sniff until the red card.

Comment

Working...
      X