Charlie - First hand knowledge only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Banbury View Post
    Chaz can hardly be accused of missing chances…you could argue that maybe because of fitness he isn’t it positions to miss said chances…it’s called getting older …I think his performance Vs Derby away showed what Chaz can bring to this team..he’ll certainly always get my support whilst he wears The Hoops…
    Well if he's not fit then don't pick him. He's only 32 not 36. Uncle is 34 and look at his fitness levels compared to austin. A professional footballer should never be overweight or not fit. A least not in the championship!!

I agree that the service to austin is non existent at times and if he gets decent service he will score goals but his overall contribution to the team this season has been mostly poor. A lot of it comes down to the fact he's not fit or carrying an injury and trying to convince himself he's still fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

Well if he's not fit then don't pick him. He's only 32 not 36. Uncle is 34 and look at his fitness levels compared to austin. A professional footballer should never be overweight or not fit. A least not in the championship!!

I agree that the service to austin is non existent at times and if he gets decent service he will score goals but his overall contribution to the team this season has been mostly poor. A lot of it comes down to the fact he's not fit or carrying an injury and trying to convince himself he's still fine.
      He's contracted for next season too. If he knows he cant do it anymore hopefully he'll take a long term view and cancel this contract by mutual agreement and become our forward coach. His first step towards management.

Comment

Not sure how beneficial that would become. Don't we have a forwards coach already? Isn't Paul furlong employed in some capacity at the club? He would be a good forwards coach. That guy was a fantastic target man who could teach dykes a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

He's contracted for next season too. If he knows he cant do it anymore hopefully he'll take a long term view and cancel this contract by mutual agreement and become our forward coach. His first step towards management.
          Unless we go up this season, he will play next season and will be a useful match day squad member.

If he gets a decent supply of crosses he will score goals. He poses a real threat to Championship defenders with his strength and clever movement in the penalty area. He just shouldn’t be expected to play 90 minutes as a lone striker.

Maybe he can do himself real favour and try to get fitter, but that might be easier said than done (it’s not fair to compare him with Adomah as some are naturally fitter than others).

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Unless we go up this season, he will play next season and will be a useful match day squad member.

If he gets a decent supply of crosses he will score goals. He poses a real threat to Championship defenders with his strength and clever movement in the penalty area. He just shouldn’t be expected to play 90 minutes as a lone striker.

Maybe he can do himself real favour and try to get fitter, but that might be easier said than done (it’s not fair to compare him with Adomah as some are naturally fitter than others).
            A mate of mine is a Burnley fan and they used to say the same things re: weight and fitness. I dont think he has a weight issue, when he's had a shave his jaw line is very chiseled. It's just his general endurance and speed over those important four strides that isnt quite there- he's a bit lumbered in his movement. He runs with a bag of cement on his back.

Comment

Working...
            X