We were better during AFCON…..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We were better during AFCON…..

.Now were back to the slow game with low intensity. Chair is the problem - running with the ball and then a backwards or sidewaypass. Cant beat his man, just running outside his man.. Willock is better when Chair is not playing and we need his creativity. Drop Chair,, play Willock as no 10.

Agree entirely with dropping Chair. If they must play him, i think both him and Willock would work as wingers in a classic 442, allowing 1 of the 2 to drift inside as needed. Our strikers all suit 2 up front together, we don't have any classic wingbacks, we lack the pace for that formation.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
      Agree entirely with dropping Chair. If they must play him, i think both him and Willock would work as wingers in a classic 442, allowing 1 of the 2 to drift inside as needed. Our strikers all suit 2 up front together, we don't have any classic wingbacks, we lack the pace for that formation.
      I do like Chair, but agree that he should be dropped to allow 2 strikers to play.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

I do like Chair, but agree that he should be dropped to allow 2 strikers to play.
        I like Chair, the guy has talent and can score goals, important goals. However he isn't good enough to take the ball on as often as he does, or be as selfish as he is. he'd develop into a far better player if the team didn't have an emphasis on him to do the work, and instead he had a role where is goal is not to score but get the ball into dangerous areas. I think the wings, but I could be totally wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
          Good opportunity to go 442 with Chair and Willock wide and Dykes and Charlie up top

Field needs to start, loads saying Stef needs to be dropped but I wouldn’t personally

Bring Dieng back in with a back 4 of Sanderson, Barbet , Dunne and Mccalum

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post

Good opportunity to go 442 with Chair and Willock wide and Dykes and Charlie up top

Field needs to start, loads saying Stef needs to be dropped but I wouldn’t personally

Stef will work better in a 442. That's my starting 11 too, would be inclined to put Amos ahead of Stef or Field.

But the wingback system is going nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post

Be wide open in midfield playing like that

Comment

This thread sounds like the team is mid table

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                  This thread sounds like the team is mid table
                  Without Chris Willock we are a midtable team.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Other than Reading we haven't played well for ages. We have got results but were not necessarily the better team. Seem to remember people saying that if Chair was to be sold in the last last transfer window that they would want £20m and were getting their proverbials in a twist because some stupid clickbait site said somebody or other was interested in him. A few off games and he has gone from Hero to Zero.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                      Other than Reading we haven't played well for ages. We have got results but were not necessarily the better team. Seem to remember people saying that if Chair was to be sold in the last last transfer window that they would want £20m and were getting their proverbials in a twist because some stupid clickbait site said somebody or other was interested in him. A few off games and he has gone from Hero to Zero.
                      If someone comes in with a £20M bid for him we ought to snap their hand off before they see him play again! He’s good and definitely has potential as one for the future, but he is no Eze!

Comment

Chair could be a very very good player if he learn to release the ball when he should. I hope we can manage to keep him.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                          He hadn’t been that off, the team gave. He was the only player trying to make things happen in the first half at Barnsley. When it wasn’t happening he was going deep to get the ball off the centre half and carrying forward and thus getting Wallace in down the left on a number of occasions. When that wasn’t an option he on two occasions took a shot on from distance. In my eyes wasteful still the time, but when looking back it was that or pass to Dykes, who couldn’t decide which CH to hold hands with, so opted for both. When players surge forward there needs to be movement around them and with Dukes you’ll be wanting most of the time. The other night Chair went hunting deep again, but after a couple of times their No 6 followed where ever he went, he was their furthest player forward at times to stop chair getting on the ball. Essentially, we need to decide how we want to play and pick the right players for that. If it’s slick flowing football, then it probably ain’t Field in the middle, if it’s tight and see where we get to (as per Afcon period), then field is the first on the team sheet. I personally think we should be mixing it up a bit and trying to give willock a rest, too, when away. Have him on when need be

Comment

Working...
                          X