Standing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standing

I get why people want to stand but i really feel sorry for all the kids and elderly that go to away games and need to sit and can’t see bugger all.

What about the vertically challenged who can't see past taller people?

I get the bit about standing creating a better atmosphere and being able to move around, but that is about all the advantages I can think of to standing, especially if it isn't going to create a bigger capacity to the stadium.

When I started going to matches and standing was allowed, I used to do so as it was cheaper. However, I never really got a good view of the game, especially when nearer the front as it is not great for seeing just how close the players are to the ball, This made it difficult to judge if it was realistic to expect a player to chase the ball or to have reached a cross or through ball.

As soon as I got a job I paid the extra £2 or 3 to sit in the SAR and get a much better view of the game. I don't think I will ever stand again to watch a football match.

Comment

Everyone laughs and chortles at Palace's ahem, "Ultras", but the way they work collaboratively with the club to make sure they all have tickets together home and away makes eminent sense.

We (and frankly all clubs) should do likewise. Can't be too hard to ringfence tickets and specifically sell them in blocks based upon if person wants to sit quietly or prefers jumping around and chucking beer in the air and suchlike? I don't feel the current "one size fits all" approach is sensible.

Comment

Why anyone would want to chuck a £6 pint of lager anywhere but down their throat is a mystery to me!! But to get back to the point, it's a game for all ages, young and old, although I don't get to as many matches as I used to, at nearly 63 I always buy a ticket in the R block when I do get up, nobody really sits down in the area I go to and it's where most of the chanting starts, it's the closest thing to standing on the old terracing in the loft that I can get nowadays.
        Standing together shoulder to shoulder in a crowd creates a bond between supporters, there's nothing like it in my opinion, but it's not for everyone, I understand that, I'm sure that a compromise could be found to accommodate fans that want that experience as well as the more sedate side of supporting

Comment

Standing is for youngsters . It was a relief at Millwall when I got to sit down at HT

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
            Why anyone would want to chuck a £6 pint of lager anywhere but down their throat is a mystery to me!! But to get back to the point, it's a game for all ages, young and old, although I don't get to as many matches as I used to, at nearly 63 I always buy a ticket in the R block when I do get up, nobody really sits down in the area I go to and it's where most of the chanting starts, it's the closest thing to standing on the old terracing in the loft that I can get nowadays.
            Standing together shoulder to shoulder in a crowd creates a bond between supporters, there's nothing like it in my opinion, but it's not for everyone, I understand that, I'm sure that a compromise could be found to accommodate fans that want that experience as well as the more sedate side of supporting
            I do recall actually going to a game against Plymouth (shortly after Warnock took charge with someone from this MB) and we got tickets in the R block. The fans stood up for much of that game, but because we were quite high up the view of the pitch was not too bad. However, I did prefer it for the few minutes at a time when the fans sat down in their seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
              Everyone laughs and chortles at Palace's ahem, "Ultras", but the way they work collaboratively with the club to make sure they all have tickets together home and away makes eminent sense.

We (and frankly all clubs) should do likewise. Can't be too hard to ringfence tickets and specifically sell them in blocks based upon if person wants to sit quietly or prefers jumping around and chucking beer in the air and suchlike? I don't feel the current "one size fits all" approach is sensible.
              They do the same here at Toronto FC, even when booking tickets online you are advised if your ticket is in a mainly standing noisy section.
              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
              Work Best When Open...
              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Don't know why BO don't sit fans with kids and supporters of a certain age at the front at away games . Then teenagers and singers etc can sit nearer the back . .. I asked the BO this when my kids were young , we just put them in envelopes I was told . If they bothered to get a seating plan from away team and look at the ages of our fans it could easily be done

Comment

There is hardly ever a seating plan at away games. You go where you want. Standing has always happened and there was always room at the front for kids if needed. It is only this year that we have been taking large numbers away.

Comment

Working...
                  X