Unbelievable Jeff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable Jeff

Welcome Jeff Hendrick..hope it goes well for him. Another Irishman in the team will be good!! Bet Dunne is happy for a fellow countryman to come on board. Good luck Jeff!

Comment

Comment

He certainly has the experience at a top level, I think he could be a good addition, will maybe give a bit of bite in midfield and chip in with the odd goal as well

Comment

Only 30 years old, nearly 70 caps, four years as a regular with Burnley and prior to that something like 200 games in the Championship. Just hasn't worked out for him at the car crash that is Newcastle. Apparently can play anywhere in midfield including a bit further up the pitch.

I'm no expert on him, have been aware of him being around but not taken an awful lot of notice. However on the face of it a lot to like and potentially a good addition to the dressing room as well as on the pitch. We will need everything we can get to maintain our challenge and have a feeling he and Sanderson could be astute signings. Let Bournemouth sign everything that can move. They can still only have 11 players on the pitch and I seem to recall Fulham fading really badly under Parker last season.

The great thing for me is we are now at the stage where we only need to look for slight tweaks to the squad. Have come a long way under MW.

Comment

Totally agree, I was the cheer leader for doing something in the transfer window, and got frustrated at the perceived lack of any business going on, but I'm happy with Marshall, Sanderson and Hendrick, bit of quality and experience at higher levels in all three, could be a very astute piece of business at the end of the day

Comment

QPR boss Mark Warburton believes his squad boasts the necessary experience to remain in the hunt for promotion after securing the signing of Jeff Hendrick in the late hours of the transfer window on Monday.

The Dubliner, who started in all four matches of Ireland’s Euro 16 campaign, helping his nation reach the last 16 thanks to a memorable 1-0 win over Italy, bolsters a Rangers squad that already contains six players that have previously won promotion from the Championship in Charlie Austin, Moses Odubajo, Stefan Johansen, Albert Adomah, David Marshall and Andre Gray.

Austin, Johansen, Gray and Adomah have twice been part of squads that have gone up with Marshall and Odubajo playing significant roles in helping Cardiff and Hull respectively reach the top flight.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...says-warburton

Comment

I can't see it meself, seems like a waste of a shirt number.

However, I was fuming when we signed the carthorse with a gammy knee that was Clint Hill and very pee'd off when we signed the grey haired OAP that was Shaun Derry so what do I know eh???????!

If Jeff turns out to make only half the contribution those two made he'll be a great signing.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                  I can't see it meself, seems like a waste of a shirt number.

However, I was fuming when we signed the carthorse with a gammy knee that was Clint Hill and very pee'd off when we signed the grey haired OAP that was Shaun Derry so what do I know eh???????!

If Jeff turns out to make only half the contribution those two made he'll be a great signing.
                  I have to admit that I too was not too enthusiastic at the signing of Hendrick (although I am aware that he is a good midfielder) as I was hoping for a more attack minded signing and he plays a similar role to Field. Hopefully, we will have enough to maintain a top 2 challenge.

I am aware that pre season many of us where confident of a top 6 finish, having expected Fulham, WBA and Bournemouth to be clear in the top 3, but seeing that we are so close to 2nd place with 18 games to go automatic promotion is not beyond the club. Perhaps Bournemouth's spree of Cantwell, Dembele, Moore and Phillips will not pay off and we can maintain a strong challenge still. Also aware that Forest and Middlesboro, along with Blackburn are doing very well and perhaps a new manager at WBA will reignite their push for 2nd place (of course, Fulham might just go on a slippery path down the table).

Comment

I really don't think we have peaked yet. Ok we are unbeaten so far this year but the games were not very convincing.
                    We still have 5th and 6th gear to reach. Maybe with Chair and the addition of Jeff, Sam and Dion 6th gear could click in.
                    Here's hoping.

Comment

Dykes and Jeff will be admiring each other !!

Comment

They glossed over Patterson fairly quickly!! Would have been interesting to see how much we offered and how much they were willing to sell for. Apparently we only offered 200k!! Would love to have known how much derby were able to let Lawrence go for.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                          They glossed over Patterson fairly quickly!! Would have been interesting to see how much we offered and how much they were willing to sell for. Apparently we only offered 200k!! Would love to have known how much derby were able to let Lawrence go for.
                          Instead of the £200k they now have an unhappy player who doesnt want to be there. The £200k would probably have covered his wages since being there. Strange situation.

Comment

Working...
                          X