Chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chair

Subbed off after only 31 mins. Must have been injury. Let's hope it's nothing serious.

Or just serious enough so he can fly back from this stupid covid competition
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      ???

It’s not stupid.

And no idea what the comment about COVID means.

Comment

Originally posted by NicRanger View Post

???

It’s not stupid.

And no idea what the comment about COVID means.
        Agreed, stupid and ignorant post

Not a stupid competition- every bit as important as the euros etc

Educate yourself

Comment

Main site is saying it was a tactical substitution in their AFCON roundup. A bit demoralising for him, manager obviously doesn't trust him, no substitute appearances, ####ed off after 30 mins on the pitch in a dead rubber final group game.

Comment

That's good less time he plays will bring him back healthy and roaring to go !!

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
              That's good less time he plays will bring him back healthy and roaring to go !!
              Agreed..will Chair need to be in quarantine for X amount of days when he returns to the club ?

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                Why is it stupid? We have the Euros, the South Americans have the Copa America, the North Americans the CONCACAF, so why shouldn't Africans have their tournament? They avoid it in the summer because it is too hot (same reason why this year's World Cup is being played in Qatar during Nov/Dec.

Comment

I don’t quite understand why this tournament can not be played in Europe’s close season.

Much of the African continent is in the southern hemisphere, Johannesburg is distinctly chilly in June and July

Rome and Madrid are warmer than many southern and equatorial African cities in June and July, and have similar temperatures to Cairo and Tripoli.
                  I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                    I don’t quite understand why this tournament can not be played in Europe’s close season.

Much of African continent is in the southern hemisphere, Johannesburg is distinctly chilly in June and July

Rome and Madrid are warmer than many southern and equatorial African cities in June and July, and have similar temperatures to Cairo and Tripoli.
                    TV? Taking out a WC year they wouldnt want it to clash with the Euros and the Olympics. Is there one other major event that could cause a clash that make viewing non-existent?

It seems a stocking filler event but at least there's some TV to put into brown paper bags.

Comment

Much of African continent is in the southern hemisphere, Johannesburg is distinctly chilly in June and July

This was exactly my point. All you pro african nation fans aren't paying the Salary of these players that should be playing for their respective clubs. Euro's isn't being played whilst the season is being played. If these nations want to pay their salary instead of some small suffering clubs then my opinion will change but until then stop talking nonsense.
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Kakay coming home, dieng and chair into next round.

Comment

Dieng will be fresh. Only played in 2 games. Mendy is back in goal now. Can't see chair getting much game time after being taken off so early in his only appearance in the comp. Shame, we are missing them yet they won't be getting much game time and just training while we need them here!

Comment

Originally posted by BusRider View Post
                            Kakay coming home, dieng and chair into next round.
                            Knockout rounds?

Comment

Much of the African continent is in the southern hemisphere, Johannesburg is distinctly chilly in June and July

I'm against AFCON interrupting our domestic season but the counter argument is that it means that only some nations could host it, Cameroon couldn't host it in June/July. I remain in the "Against AFCON" camp though. There needs to be a domestic season break whilst it's on in my opinion but I realise that has fixture congestion issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X