No announcement yet.

Jordan Archer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reckon we should give Joe Walsh a go. Young keepers never get the opportunity from the bench, so now seems the natural opportunity for him. I don't think it would be a good message to Walsh if we loan in a replacement starter for a month. A loan for backup or recall barnes as backup if that's an option would be my view.

Comment

Walsh has made one professional league appearance and I am struggling to see Warbs giving a 19yr old lad his debut in an important game against WBA.

We're more likely to bring Barnes back from his loan. If that doesnt happen why did we sign him?

Comment

WBA will be licking their lips if we have Walsh or Barnes in goal for that game ,I'm not saying either is useless or anything like that ,just extremely inexperienced at this level .
        I fully expect an experienced loan goalie to be brought in well before next weekend s game

Comment

Fair points. Though, I don't see why we haven't sent Walsh out on loan to get experience if we never have the intention of playing him, even in a keepr crisis.

Comment

Joe Walsh was called up for an England training camp early this season so not only highly regarded by our clubs coaching staff.

When he was selected to play in the pre-Season friendly against Man U I thought he played quite well considering it was his first team debut.

Seen him numerous times in our training videos and always looks very comfortable with the ball at his feet which is a big plus.

Chris Woods made his debut for Forest age only 18/19 and his age or lack of experience did not stop him winning the League Cup Final for them at Wembley and eventually a transfer to us in 79.

Comment

Any news regarding his injury?
              I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Working...
              X