Cook Signing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

CB/Sweeper with us and went RB at Man Utd and England. I think.....
    Thanks...I remember him as a "sweeper" with us, not as a CB....I must be having a senior moment......sweeper is a specific type of centre back though I suppose so not completely mad yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Thanks...I remember him as a "sweeper" with us, not as a CB....I must be having a senior moment......sweeper is a specific type of centre back though I suppose so not completely mad yet.
      It was a long time ago. Probably sweeper.

Best sweeper I've ever seen was Glenn Hoodle at Swindon Town. Made it look childs play. Intercepting play and pinging balls over the pitch to feet.

Comment

Originally posted by MINCER View Post
        Nedum Onuoha also had pace
        Yes but unfortunately no 1st touch
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

Yes but unfortunately no 1st touch
          Don’t think many if any QPR C/Backs of the past had pace and a good 1st touch(I would include Maddix too)Maybe Fenwick did but again Sweeper was his best position in defence.

Comment

Ron Hunt

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
              Ron Hunt
              I have been in attendance when Ron Hunt was playing but can’t remember anything about him,I do remember his partner though Tony Hazell,his nickname was shovel foot.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

Sorry, but you are scraping the barrel with Ben Askar, but, Shittu was the exception to the rule.

6 foot 2, eyes of blue, Danny Shittu is after you.
                Always thought Ben askar was decent. Better than lot of others than we had.

Comment

Nedum Onuoha also had pace
                  Had pace but no brain and not a lot of footballing ability. He gave a s*** though so that was good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

Had pace but no brain and not a lot of footballing ability. He gave a s*** though so that was good enough for me.
                    Couldn't of said it better. Well said sir
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I have been in attendance when Ron Hunt was playing but can’t remember anything about him,I do remember his partner though Tony Hazell,his nickname was shovel foot.
                      He made the 3rd goal at Wembley and was a rock in our defence.

Comment

Cook saying on twitter an exciting new year is on its way! Does that mean an exciting year as a qpr player???

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                          Ron Hunt
                          What about Ernie Howe, Vic Mobley and the great Karl Ready

Happy new year everybody
                          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

I’m definitely on the fence with this signing if it actually happens.

Can anybody honestly say they have heard of Steve Cook or have noticed him being a good Centre Back before the rumours about him leaving Bournemouth ?Is he a footballing C/B or someone similar to Dunne

It seems like we would probably paying a transfer fee being as his contract runs out at the end of the season,although most fees are undisclosed I would guess £750k to £1m ?

If Dickie is not off in the window does it mean Jordy is going to the knackers yard ?
                            I think this season is starting to show the futility of bringing in cheap crocks. Both with Moses and Jordy we brought in players that no one else wanted because of their injury records. Same for Wallace to an extent. Means you get better players but by Christmas they are all on the treatment table. Even if it means bringing in less exciting players we really need fit players who can make it to the play offs.

Comment

Originally posted by NicRanger View Post

I think this season is starting to show the futility of bringing in cheap crocks. Both with Moses and Jordy we brought in players that no one else wanted because of their injury records. Same for Wallace to an extent. Means you get better players but by Christmas they are all on the treatment table. Even if it means bringing in less exciting players we really need fit players who can make it to the play offs.
                              very fair and accurate post imo. I don’t think we have a choice though given our budget constraints.

more hidden young gems like Dickie, Dunne and Dykes would be great but they all cost

Comment

Although I know nothing about Steve Cook ability or if a transfer fee needs to be be addressed it goes further away from the clubs recent principles of bringing in younger players to develop..here are some stats available from a quick search.

https://www.sofascore.com/player/steve-cook/42707

Edit..if Scott Parker thinks Chris Mepham is better than Steve Cook then I’m concerned.

Comment

Working...
                                X